Toilet unblocking tips and reccomendations

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 17 08:34

Re: Toilet unblocking tips and reccomendations

Richard M wrote: 17th Nov 2023 at 8:14am If all else fails then the ultimate clearance is one of the pressurised aerosol cans with a larger head on it.
Absolutely amazing pressure which forces almost any blockage straight through. You push the large soft plunger bit into the bog and then (stand clear) and push the can down. Results are amazing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265726597238 ... 5jAhAAAAAA
Not seen these before, look absolutely nuts [Big grin.png]

I have one of the pump gun plungers now, mainly for stubborn EYFS sandy traps that I can't be bothered pulling a mountain of stuff out to get to but it has the larger toilet head.. Sad but I want to blast some poo hahaha
MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 20 14:53

EBJ wrote: 21st Feb 2023 at 11:56am A black plastic dustbin bag up the arm and go down into the pan like going up a cows rear end like the vets do, and a bucket of hot water stand well back and throw the contents into the pan and run away as quick as you can before it cascades back up at you. [Success.png]

I do this with boiling water and it clears everytime 1st time. It softens the sloop. [Big grin.png]
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. [Success.png]
Miller
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 07 11:30

Definitely a dolly mop and black sacks works every time, take two black sacks with you though.

Why two black sacks I hear you asking? The second one is for putting the first one inside when you have finished, have it open and ready and then just shove the mop with the sack on inside the second one, it reduces any possible cross contamination from spillage over the floor and you will have much less spills to clear up after. you can the just pull the mop out of the sacks still dry and not contaminated. [Like.png]
Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 07 14:29

I had exactly this issue a couple of weeks ago, no matter how much I plunged with my trusty mop the water would not disperse. I then had no option other than to call out the drain guy. Sure enough he lifted the drain cover to find the hole filled to the brim with effluent and water, as was the next one in line. We must have got to the point that there was no more room for it to go so it was backing up. He ascertained where the problem lay and with just a couple of twists with his extended rod in the right area the levels went down to nothing in a matter of moments.

It must be great when you know what you are doing and £85 for a couple of twists of you wrist is a good earner. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_tongue.gif]
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 07 14:48

Maverick- lucky I wasn't holding a hot drink, I would have spilt it [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_grin.gif] and what a way to make £85 [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_laugh.gif]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 07 17:35

twiglets wrote: 7th Dec 2023 at 2:48pm Maverick- lucky I wasn't holding a hot drink, I would have spilt it [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_grin.gif] and what a way to make £85 [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_laugh.gif]
Its all in the wrist action with your trusty long rod. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_grin.gif]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 08 02:01

I always found one piece of drain rod with a plunger end works great.
One of my drain guys showed me this trick many moons ago.
You just put it in the toilet and push it down quick. I've used it many times and no mess.
Works good for outside downspout drains too.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
d0g5b0dy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 16:03

trout39843 wrote: 20th Feb 2023 at 2:52pm A mop is good bro. but I always used a drain rod and plunger to force the water down.
Learned that trick from my drain boys and has never failed. Just a quick push down and most times job done.
I second this, we use a drain rod with the plunger attachment on and it works every single time, It creates more of a seal round the toilet.

Just be careful there's no sinks nearby, first hand experience of plunging and the water coming back up the sink and getting covered. One unhappy site manager who needed a hot shower and fresh clothes [Mad.png]