First snow of the year!

Share your photographs with other forum members. Discuss photography and equipment...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Dec 2023 03 11:03

First snow of the year!

Woke up this morning to a white overlay of the wet stuff.

snow1.jpg
snow2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 03 11:27

Re: First snow of the year!

Very festive [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_snowball.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_laugh.gif]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
peterg398
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 03 12:48

Nice!! Very rare get any in my little micro climate part of UK:(
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 04 09:06

Strange question- do you prefer snow or rain? we get lots of the latter but none of the white stuff [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_snowball.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_huh.gif]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 04 09:11

twiglets wrote: 4th Dec 2023 at 9:06am Strange question- do you prefer snow or rain? we get lots of the latter but none of the white stuff [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_snowball.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_huh.gif]
Snow always makes me happy, I think it was the years of skiing that have conditioned my mind to have happy thoughts about it.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 04 09:17

See I like snow, but only if I don't have to spend hours on end clearing the stuff!

Give me rain any day during the school term!
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 04 09:17

twiglets wrote: 4th Dec 2023 at 9:06am Strange question- do you prefer snow or rain? we get lots of the latter but none of the white stuff [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_snowball.gif] [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_huh.gif]
It depends, if the gardens are crying out for water, I'd love to have some overnight rain. When the gardens are waterlogged, as at present, I prefer neither! Snow is perhaps more preferable in the winter months because the ground is already saturated but then once the kids have used their sledges on the pavement, the snow becomes compacted and very slippery which makes me very nervous as my bones are now brittle.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
MrMatt
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 04 09:22

Absolutely love the snow.........at the weekends or during holidays.
Absolutely hate the snow.........on a weekday morning when I've got to shovel and grit it away.

Was so pleased it rained all last night. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_laugh.gif]
'Sometimes fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions' - Haruki Murakami.
DieselPunk
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 04 09:56

IMG-20231203-WA0003.jpg
We're one of 48 schools in the county closed by the snow today.
The number of cars abandoned is ridiculous. I even saw a Lambourghini left at the side of the road.
There were lots of people complaining that the they had been left in their car for hours and nobody has come to give them food and water.
What are these people expecting? Yes we live in a tourist area but our infrastructure is based on the number of residents. If you're going for a nice day out in the countryside in winter check the forecast. Then if you do get stuck, book yourself into a b&b or a hotel, go to the pubs and shops for food. The hospitality sector is on their knees this year, they are desperate for trade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PRINGLES - 'once you pop, you can't stop'

Why do them come with re-sealable lids?
DieselPunk
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 04 10:23

IMG_20231204_082842.jpg
PRINGLES - 'once you pop, you can't stop'

Why do them come with re-sealable lids?