Lettings Pay

Chat about Contracts, Job descriptions, Pay scale, Unions, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

RowingBloke
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 14 10:42

Lettings Pay

Hi,
I have been Working in the same school for 19 years as site manager.

when i first started i was getting for example 3 hours overtime and 3 hours unsocial hours for a 3 hour letting.

Sine our new head arrived 4 years ago the unsocial hours was dropped. so now i get 1 hour for opening and one hour for locking up.
regardless of the length of the letting i get 2 hours. that's it. £10.42 per hour for the letting

same apples for a weekend letting. i have one this Sunday open at 9am and lock up at 6pm for that its increased to £10.90 for each of the hours.

I live on site and pay rent and all the usual rates. has this happened to anyone else?
Also if i get a call out during the letting do i have to attend?
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 14 10:57

Re: Lettings Pay

We don't have lettings. If I read this right, you are tied to work for the whole duration of lets, you might be called in the middle, you certainly can't go out for the day, or have a drink etc etc. Seems they are being a bit rough on you- others will know more who live on site and have regular lets (you will effectively be working six days a week??)
frankie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 14 11:07

Have a word with the union lettings are at a set rate and should be paid differently then an hourly rate just say get somebody else to do it if there not going to pay set rates agreed with unions I got over £100 for a 7am till 3 pm letting on a Saturday it also pays extra for rooms used by size and table and chair numbers. think our lettings are like 0800hrs till 1200 hours and 1200hrs till 1600 hrs. also weekend work should be paid at enhanced rate.
union rep should be able to give all the figures. [Angry.png]
grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 14 12:11

I used to get an hour for unlocking and the same for locking up during the week. Was only on site to unlock and lock up. On saturday I was in all the time the lets were on and was paid time and a half. If they want you onsite all the time the lets are in they have to pay you for all the hours. Pay differs from school to school and borough but its at least overtime rates unless you are on a part time contract.