What's the worst present you gave your partner?

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 24 16:19

What's the worst present you gave your partner?

Been thinking of over the years and just thought of the worst present I gave Mrs. trout.
We had spent all summer (in the USA) fishing together in the ponds and lakes on base. We had fun together even though I spent most of my time untangeling and fixing her line and reel.
So when I was shopping for her presents, I came across a sporting goods store. I went in to see what they had that was new for me.
So, I got a "man" idea, I got her her own rod, reel and loaded tackel box!
Heck, I thought it was a great idea but 30 years later I still hear about it. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_shocked.gif]
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 24 16:34

Re: What's the worst present you gave your partner?

I have often brought the wrong thing. An expensive Phillips cloths Iron, a Wok, an electric can opener, a glass see-through toaster, a Kenward Chef mixer... I'm famous for it. [Like.png]

Oh, forgot the George Formby Grill.

And this year... An Air Frier. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_snowball.gif]

She always said not to buy her chocolates as she'd eat them in a day, not to buy flowers as they will only last a few days. So I have always bought her something useful in the kitchen. I get to benefit too.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 24 17:38

I find it difficult buying presents for someone you’ve lived with for decades, I ended up buying nothing as she said she didn’t need anything.
I’ve since found out that means, surprise me… [Shock.png] [Scared.png] [zip.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dec 2023 24 19:19

A15 Amp plug [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_lipsrsealed.gif]
eebagum
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 24 19:39

Well Mrs kept saying when are you going to put a new light bulb in my lamp. So hung this lovely wrapped present in the room. On --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- day she duly opened it. It was a new bulb for her lamp. She was not impressed. She soon changed when other presents were given. 😂😂😂
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2023 24 22:55

inspector wrote: 24th Dec 2023 at 7:19pm A15 Amp plug [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_lipsrsealed.gif]
I remember those with the screw in fuse pin, you are giving your age away there inspector [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_grin.gif]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.