Least favourite seasonal tradition.

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2023 30 10:45

Re: Least favourite seasonal tradition.

No longer working so the least favourite tradition I now have to suffer is when a cousin insisted that I had to attend for a post---- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- meal, for the company.

Getting over to his place cost me £40 the last time I went, plus a bottle of plonk to say thank you for the meal. I've refused to consider it for the last three or four years due to Covid and the fact that I do not enjoy it other than a different meal.

I get there, telly's on, usually a black and white Carry On, one that I saw the first time it was shown, long since my tastes have included Carry On films. Always turned low so I cannot hear it and it does not disturb him so he can promptly go to sleep and snore, or cough loudly and consistently throughout the entire afternoon and evening. No conversation, no company, and I'm bored out of my mind as I've nothing to do, no telly to watch that interests me, not that I can hear it over his snoring or coughing. He even insists that I have to have an evening meal as well and then sit and watch random tv, as he channel surfs until he finds something he wants to watch, until he thinks I have had enough company to be allowed to leave.

Foxed him the last time I went, I arranged for a taxi to come two hours after I got there, hence the £40 cost.

So BORED as I need to be doing something, be it reading, watching something that interests me on TV or my computer, browsing the net or something, anything that occupies my mind. So finally refused point blank to attend any more during COVID and I'm not going again!
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.