Had the fright of my life yesterday

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 09:20

Had the fright of my life yesterday

Doing my rounds and saw some litter, picked it up and dashed it into the nearby bin only to not hear the usual metallic clang of something hitting the bin liner.

On investigation, a whole adult seagull was sat at the bottom of the bin looking up at me!

Not the first time either, time to find a replacement for that bin.

I took a video for extra giggles. No idea how to post on here though.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 10:50

Re: Had the fright of my life yesterday

I had a scare once, every time I walked near the bin store I heard a shuffling sound? Thought it may be a cat or even worse a rat. Later on I got brave enough to have a look, I’m no hero [Scared.png] It was a squirrel in an upturned plastic bin scampering to get out. I tipped the bin over and the poor thing shot off almost at the speed of sound up a nearby tree.
Btw, I get a fright every morning and night from that old man with my toothbrush in the mirror… [Shock.png] [Big grin.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 15:04

Re: Had the fright of my life yesterday

Best one for me was an old building with long corridor and several sets of glass fire doors along it's length.
Locked up the first set, switched off the light and continued on to the next doors.
All locked up and as usual I looked through the door as I gave it a rattle, Looked down the corridor to see a ghostly figure looking back at me. [Scared.png]

Yep you guessed it -, it was my own reflection in the first set of doors. I found it quite funny after I had stopped having a minor heart attack.

Best thing is whilst I was at that school I managed to do the exact same thing at least a dozen times. [Big grin.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]