I'm off to see some ghosts shortly

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jan 2024 10 00:33

I'm off to see some ghosts shortly

I'm taking my daughter and her 2 children to see West Horsley Place (aka "Button House" where they filmed Ghosts) next month. It will be my first trip out since loosing my Mum, getting Long COVID and an array of other illnesses. I'm really looking forward to it.

I was very lucky to get tickets, I ordered them over the holidays just before the last in the series was aired on BBC 1. They are now fully booked for the next 5 months.

I'm not sure what to expect, but they are having an exhibition of Props that were used for the TV show. They also have the Dolls House which was used during the opening credits and was recently donated to West Horsley by the maker.

I really enjoyed Ghosts which was an adult spin-off by the Horrible Histories team.

West Horsley Place (Button House) website

Go on... which was your favourite Ghost?

For me, it's got to be Jim Howick. He played Patrick Butcher, a 1980s Scout Master who was killed in an archery accident. He was also the co-creator, co-writer and co-star of Ghosts. [Like.png]

The last owner of the house: (for those old enough to remember) was Bamber Gascoigne (University Challenge presenter) who inherited the house but has sadly recently died.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/818088275

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)