To pollard or not to pollard that is the question

Discuss Energy saving, Recycling ideas, Plastic use, Food waste and looking after our planet...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 02 15:04

Re: To pollard or not to pollard that is the question

It's just people, some are just a pain in the posterior.

Had endless problems with an ex cricketer who didn't want Archery to be able to use the cricket field (it's a multi use field as part of a sports club)
His house backed onto the field and the fuss he made over the years was incredible.
He would stride out onto the closed off area whilst we were shooting, take photos over his fence (I have no idea why) including when our juniors were shooting. made endless complaints to the main club committee about the archers.
Best was when he complained to the council about (wait for it) NOISE! [Big grin.png] If you have ever been to watch archery it is not in any way noisy unless you count the three cheers for the field captain at the end of a shoot. We can be right rowdy us archers.. [Crazy.png]
Even went to the landowner to complain which almost resulted in the club being forced to close.

He was just an idiot. people are like that sometimes.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 02 15:22

Some people lead boring lives and are simply bored. A fight against a soft target like a school gives them something to crow about.
Rushfan
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 04 10:30

Vera wrote: 2nd Feb 2024 at 8:00am Personally I would stop now and if any further requests are made then politely point out (in writing) that the overhanging branches to his property are under his control and should he wish then he is within his rights to cut them back to the boundary line at his expense. Give him permission to dispose of the debris. Point out that any damage to the trees will be addressed with the invoice forwarded to him and that professionals should be sought to advise and undertake any removal of branches.

Point out that the education of children is the schools top priority and that includes awareness of the environment and nature and chopping back or removing perfectly healthy trees does not fit that narrative as it destroys natural habitats.
This is one of the best responses I've read, I would recommend you do this!