A number of Forum tweaks

Get all the latest website & forum news. Tell us what you like and don't like about the site...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Feb 2024 04 18:01

A number of Forum tweaks

Firstly, I have changed the way attachment images are displayed. The forum no longer makes real thumbnails of images uploaded. It actually just resizes the actual image to look like a thumbnail. As 9 times out of 10 users would click on the thumbnail anyway to view the full size image in the Lightbox, it still uses the Lightbox effect but then as the forum has already downloaded the image into your cache, in the Lightbox, it just shows the same image to the correct dimensions (to fit your screen).

I've enlarged what was the thumbnail size to a maximum of 200 x 200 pixels. As they are not forum made thumbnails any more, you don't get the horrid white border around them, just the blue outline when you hover your mouse arrow over them to indicate you can click on the image to enlarge it in the Lighbox. It just looks much better. Some of the very old posts may still use the old thumbnails. As a user, it works in exactly the same way as it did before. I'd appreciate it if all users would add their images 'inline' as it looks much cleaner.

I've changed everybody's date format and the default forum date format which new users inherit. I noticed that in the view topic box next to where the users post is shown, having the full month name meant some users dates overspilled onto the next line. Buy using the 3 letter abbreviation E.G. MAR, FEB APR etc it keeps the length of the date within a single line. You are still free to alter this in your Profile/Edit/Board Preferences if you wish. But don't loose the default if you change the custom date format.

If you do, it's:

Code: Select all

|jS M Y| \a\t g:ia

I think that's it. [Big grin.png]

New Image attachments shown inline

6.jpg
00003.jpg
2view.jpg
0.jpg

New Image attachments NOT shown inline X

https://www.thecaretakers.co.uk/FORUM_IMAGES/002.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)