World Book Day

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 07 08:18

World Book Day

Dressing up time- this year I've come as the Invisible Man [Big grin.png] I'm out all day on a course [Success.png]
I would have worn my camo clothes- but I can't seem to find them [Shock.png]
Have a good day everyone!!
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 07 08:31

Re: World Book Day

For world book Day I dressed up as the main character from this classic
IMG_20240307_082837.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 07 08:40

Just seen a young girl with her mum to the school gate. She had come as Hermione Granger with her crimped hair and Hogwarts outfit. Her mum said that her daughter had been awake since 3am and doesn't get this excited for that celebration in December. I know it can cost the parents but this kind of reaction makes it worthwhile.
Dalscone89
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 07 08:54

I get the children here to call me by my first name (Henry), so for world book day each year I dress up as Horrid Henry and it sends the children crackers with excitement [Success.png]
Mastergunner
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 07 09:31

we don't do anything in our school!! Sad
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 07 10:07

Tomorrow for us.
All staff are following the 101 dalmatians theme and there will be a flashmob dance at some point to "who let the dogs out" (it's a thing)
The kids love world book day here it would be such a shame for them to not have that Mastergunner.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Frankle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 07 10:09

World Book Day today, our School are dressing up tomorrow!
Dunroamin
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 07 10:17

Our school looks a little like Hogwarts with about a hundred characters from Harry Potter, a fair few Liverpool/Man Utd footballers, a number of cats and a couple of Mary Poppins to name a few. I normally dress up, but due to recent events at home,WBD wasn’t really high up the priority list. A quick improvised costume this morning (an address label stuck to my shirt), lo and behold, I’m Mr Grumpy!!
Mastergunner
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 07 11:49

Vera wrote: 7th Mar 2024 at 10:07am Tomorrow for us.
All staff are following the 101 dalmatians theme and there will be a flashmob dance at some point to "who let the dogs out" (it's a thing)
The kids love world book day here it would be such a shame for them to not have that Mastergunner.
I agree - first school I've been to that do nothing .. not sure of the reasoning but mine is not to question why !!!
MrMatt
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 07 12:04

As an avid reader I love world book day, anything that gets the kids into reading is good for me. This year I've come as a Ghostbuster complete with homemade backpack and blaster that fires silly string. [Happy.png] [Happy.png]
'Sometimes fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions' - Haruki Murakami.