CV Writing

Chat about Contracts, Job descriptions, Pay scale, Unions, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 11 10:05

CV Writing

Not needed one for years but I want to get my cv up to date ready to jump ship. Anyone got a recommended site they have used to give me a template. I am a bit warry to fill out my info on a unknown website that could be a scam. [Like.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 11 10:27

Re: CV Writing

For me I have always done it freehand without a template.
it always seems more personal.
Good luck with whatever you need a CV for. [Thumb_up.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 11 11:16

It’s been a long time since I needed to write a CV for myself, however I did help a friend with his CV a few years back. We used a Microsoft Word CV template to format the document and it looked quite professional when finished. He got the part time job btw.
Good luck [Thumb_up.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 11 14:44

Keyolder wrote: 11th Mar 2024 at 11:16am It’s been a long time since I needed to write a CV for myself, however I did help a friend with his CV a few years back. We used a Microsoft Word CV template to format the document and it looked quite professional when finished. He got the part time job btw.
Good luck [Thumb_up.png]
thanks keyolder will get onto it. its been 14 years since I last did one don't know were to start [Wink.png]
Pebble
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 12 06:33

Updated mine recently with the help of Indeed.co.uk. Lots of useful info on there, what to put (or not), how to make it stand out from the crowd, etc..
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 12 07:06

What's annoying is that they still use the long drawn out form for education- if you are staying in this sector, then a CV won't help you. Good luck with your new venture.
I might update mine sometime. Unless you are going for an high calibre job, a basic one should be good enough- it's in the first opening statement I was told needs to shine, but what do I know, haven't used one for many years.