Different names

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 13 09:58

Re: Different names

To be honest the title you are called does not matter well it never did for me i answered to any name as long as it was polite, a lot of job names got changed but the job remains the same because some one sitting some were took offence and decided to change "Dustbin men" to refuse operatives.

When i worked for my nieces husbands engineering company we had a smashing cleaner who mentioned this subject and jokingly asked if he could have a better title as the toilet cleaner, we made one up for him and he loved it until he looked at the capital letter of each word and put them together he was called a Sanitary Hygiene Industrial Technittion. [Big grin.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Dean 08
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2024 13 17:11

Re: Different names

I'm a Site Manager by employment, it says so on my contract. I'm called Site Manager by some, Caretaker by others, The Man by some kids ("the man is coming!" when I am opening the gates), and by Mr in most daily school contact. It's all the same to me, and I think the titles are all of the same level.
There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.