Windows 11 Phone Link

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 17 11:03

Windows 11 Phone Link

I've been playing with Phone Link which is built into Windows 11. What a fantastic little App that is. I can run any Apps installed on my phone on my Desktop PC, I can transfer files & images from the phone to my PC and visa versa, send messages and make calls from my PC.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 104144.png

And I can run my phone screen from the PC using my keyboard and mouse to navigate. It comes in really handy when they send a message with a pass code. I can just copy/paste it into the box on the PC.

I didn't know you could do all this. I probably won't use it that often but there are times when it would come in handy.

Here is a little video I put together showing the phone screen on my PC. It's a bit jurky as I had to ensure I didn't reveal any personal information. Hence the blue patches added to obscure a few bits. I also realised the car app showed my location, so had to cut that bit out.

Well worth a little play! [Like.png]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWV08CT6wSQ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mar 2024 17 18:30

Re: Windows 11 Phone Link

Cool app - may have to install it.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Mar 2024 17 19:36

Re: Windows 11 Phone Link

Here is the Microsoft page explaining what you need. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows ... ur-devices

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)