Retired or not retired.

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 16 17:41

Re: Retired or not retired.

I worked on past pension age and defered my pension for two years and carried on working, when i did finaly stop i was still active with private DIY jobs, we also had a static caravan where we stayed all summer with loads of beach walks.

Sold the static as it was becoming too dear to keep on with site rents going up and electricity, gas bottles etc, now at home and lots of dog walks and i am on the comittee of our local summer weekend fun week with bands, stalls, raft racing and beer tents and all the phone of the fair, we meet monthly to arrange it all. I also help with our bike night where the main road is shut and hundreds of motorcycles decened and take over the whole high street and pubs have tables and chairs in the road and a fair and sale stalls in the market place.

Sadley i am now a full time carer for my wife which takes up a lot of time but at least i am home to do all the outstanding jobs around the house, t the moment i am installing a new front picket fence made from redwood weather permitting, still collecting 1:43 die cast classic vehicles.
new cars.jpg
My latest purchases this month
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Richard M
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Apr 2024 17 07:57

I'm semi-retired and find a mix of activities keeps me well occupied. I think you need a mix of indoor stuff, outdoor and even more adventerous - once in a while. However my most rewarding time spent is volunteering. Theres always a charity or club that needs help and its a great way to give something back. Good for gettying out (when you might be struggling), staying social and doing something for others. You will find you have a local volunteering association usually linked to your local council. We all have skills we can keep in use.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Apr 2024 17 10:26

EBJ wrote: 16th Apr 2024 at 5:41pm My latest purchases this month
Love the Dolomite Sprint, one of my friends had one, my first car was a Mk1 Cortina [Like.png]

Having many different hobbies helps in retirement, I always have multiple projects on the go, and I even occasionally complete one or two of them.
[Happy.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Dunnickin
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 17:40

I was in the Police for 25 years then a Caretaker for 4 years, now fully retired. One year to go until I get my state pension, and paid up a few missing NI years to get me that full state pension. [Like.png] Now, I refurbish Dyson cordless vacuums and fix laptops , but I never get out of bed before 9am [Crazy.png]
HarleyPete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 20:53

Still have ten years to go (unless life throws me a curveball after the op). Currently enjoy doing what my avatar shows, plus playing with cold war aircraft at an aircraft museum. They say boys and their toys well my toys are large and fun to play with.
Shall I rush your rush job before I rush the rush job I was rushing before you rushed in

Most of the time I am a nobody........except when you want something........then, I'm the most important person in the world.

"Teachers are wonderful...........every caretaker should own one, lol"