Pupils on site

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 04 15:56

Re: Pupils on site

CarlosScout wrote: 4th Apr 2024 at 3:28pm

I make it clear that the teaching staff are wholly responsible for ensuring all students have left site, and that during the day they are responsible for the whereabouts of the students.

We have still had students wandering the corridors in areas that are not in use for classes this week so that will be an action point that will be raised on return to school.
Even though you state this it still does not absolve you of your obligation to the security of the school and the safety of people (little or otherwise) on site. If you fail to check the school correctly it will be on you not the teacher who could simply say that the students left the site when they had finished.
This I believe is where the poor caretaker mentioned above came unstuck.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Beepy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 19 15:57

Re: Pupils on site

Sat's revision for the Yr6 pupils has become the norm here over the last 2 years. No mention of it this year - they forgot to tell me! I was furious as I had the cleaner deep clean that block the week before. They left the place in a mess, didn't even empty the bins.