Job vacancy - Bedford MK42 7FJ Fantastic Job

Chat about Contracts, Job descriptions, Pay scale, Unions, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

outdoorman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 22 15:13

Job vacancy - Bedford MK42 7FJ Fantastic Job

Hello
My job is now being advertised as I am retiring in August.
It's a great primary school with fantastic staff and brilliant Head & Deputy Head Teachers.

I have been at the school 6 years and have loved every single day as the children and great and very respectful.

The job is good and is flexible depending on the skills that you can offer. We are a Bedford Borough School so there is also support there.
This could be a move for somebody who wants either a smaller school if they are in a secondary school or a step up if you are a number 2 at the moment or someone who just wants a change.
You get a proper office and computer. I didn't write the advert but we do use excel, paxton for the electronic gates, some software to monitor the plant pumps and Every for recording keeping, all very very easy to use.
There is very little overtime as we don't do hire outs, but sometimes have to come back to lock up if there is a PTA function. There is an opportunity if you wish to do extra work by doing the grounds as we own our own ground keeping equipment. The grounds are currently being done by someone who has retired.

I currently work a 37 hour week split shift 0600 to 0945 and 1430 to 1800

The only downside for some is that there is no house as the school is relatively new, 10 years old.

So the advert is as follows:-
We are looking for a multi-skilled and capable individual to manage our school site and facilities. We would really welcome your visit if you are; · dynamic as well as proactive and have the ability to adjust to constantly changing priorities · computer literate · able to manage a large plant site and have enough computer knowledge to understand and work with a variety of programs that manage the plant · able to carry out a range of DIY jobs and repairs · can manage large and small projects supervising the work of contractors. · able to work with the cleaning contractors to ensure high quality cleaning · able to be the H&S officer and contribute to the strategic planning and policy development of the school site · able to work occasional overtime when needed.

This is a varied and interesting role and you must be able to work effectively as part of a team, take pride in your work, think strategically, be friendly, approachable and have the ability to readily adapt to differing priorities and work well under pressure. The current post holder will be on site for a minimum of 6 weeks to work alongside the newly appointed person to ensure a successful handover. Applications will be considered upon receipt.

Application forms and more details can be found on the school web site https://www.kempstonrural.beds.sch.uk/vacancies-1