What to do with old school books?

Discuss Energy saving, Recycling ideas, Plastic use, Food waste and looking after our planet...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 26 17:04

Re: What to do with old school books?

Dont send them here! One thing we learned after our school burned down was how wonderful people are! A staff member posted on social media we had lost all our books/ library in the fire and we were absolutely swamped with books from all over the country! I mean thousands of them. We even got some from Dubai. It took ages to sort them all and cherry pick the best ones for our school, but we had loads and loads left which we then had to recycle or give to charity shops etc as well as letting the kids take what they wanted. [Shock.png]
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
Simon
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 27 07:54

I'm afraid I put them in recycling, I'll have a look through if there's any I might want but the rest go in the bin. It does seem a shame and I often wonder why they don't offer them to the PTFA to sell at one of their fund raising events. Only trouble with that is that I would end up having to find somewhere to store them!
Richard M
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Apr 2024 29 18:49

Thanks to all for the various suggestions. So far I've managed to get a lot into charity shops and one larger warehouse that a local hospice uses.
To be fair, it's taken time and driving and lifting and shifting so will think twice bext time. Just hate wasting anything.
Cheers