Near Miss Form

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Cliff_Promise
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 29 17:44

Near Miss Form

Hi all

Hope you are well and getting lots of thanks for the hard work you do!

Does anyone have a near miss form I could utilise please?

I have been off work recently and a near miss happened, should I be the one to investigate and complete the form, even though it happened whilst I was off site on annual leave?

Any advice appreciated as always [Big grin.png]
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Apr 2024 29 17:52

Re: Near Miss Form

I investigate near misses even if they have nothing to do with me or my team.

I can give you a printable version of the online forms I have to fill out. Often I will have one in paper for quick jotting down of details, then flesh it out online. we use EEC.
AlboUnderhill
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 30 06:22

Could you elaborate on when this might come in handy, almost 5 years on the job and have never heard of these being mentioned.
Don't ask me, I have no idea what I'm doing
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 30 07:18

AlboUnderhill wrote: 30th Apr 2024 at 6:22am Could you elaborate on when this might come in handy, almost 5 years on the job and have never heard of these being mentioned.
Essentialy these are inccident investigsation forms, regardless as to wheather there has been an injury or not, wI introduced them to my place and they have become a valuable tool. so far weve completed one for a student who decided to climb the fence and take himself off home, a vehicle incident outside of the school, a child falling in apond. I initially brought them in to record confrontations with straners/agry parents but ironically we havent had any of those.

For the original poster i have attached my document for use, just change up the headed paper and logo to your school.

FYI we also use OSHENS for this kind of thing- which if you guys use the same system could use too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 30 07:23

I do my part in the investigation then pass it to the head.
They have the power and responsibility to be able to make changes to policies and procedures to mitigate risk.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Apr 2024 30 08:47

Our BM and office staff would complete this type of form, I would occasionally help with pictures and maybe a statement.

Slightly off topic:
We once had a supply teacher who originated from Sweeden, if eye candy was a qualification she would have easily met all the criteria.
If I wasn’t married and 20 years younger, I would have loved to get “Near miss”… [fever.png] [Big grin.png]
Sorry [Scared.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Cliff_Promise
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 30 12:23

Gazza wrote: 30th Apr 2024 at 7:18am Essentialy these are inccident investigsation forms, regardless as to wheather there has been an injury or not, wI introduced them to my place and they have become a valuable tool. so far weve completed one for a student who decided to climb the fence and take himself off home, a vehicle incident outside of the school, a child falling in apond. I initially brought them in to record confrontations with straners/agry parents but ironically we havent had any of those.

For the original poster i have attached my document for use, just change up the headed paper and logo to your school.

FYI we also use OSHENS for this kind of thing- which if you guys use the same system could use too.
Thank you so much! Incredibly helpful