No choice but to quit

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 07 09:40

Re: No choice but to quit

Only a suggestion. Divide up the work fairly and give each tasks they are required to do. Aline it with their job description so it is clear to them it is in their contracts. Copy in SLT so they also can see you are acting reasonable.
Explain to the SLT why you are doing it and the consequences of not helping if things are not done. If you intend to stay until summer, give notice "summer end date" minus 9 weeks as your target to make a decision, but let SLT know that you are reviewing your position in light of the situation- they might take it more seriously. Good Luck
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 2024 07 13:32

I've had a similar issue with a new Head making life miserable for me as she wanted me out since she was one of the sixth-form teachers. In the end, she made my life very unpleasant and it had got to the stage that I dreaded going into work.
If things are so bad they are making you ill, a job, in my opinion, is not worth it. Your health is far more important. If you can go elsewhere, go for it is my advice.

Whilst probably not directly caused, the distress of being treated so badly by the (rhymes with itch) I ended up being critically ill and apparently nearly died, twice within a short period. It took me over two years to come to terms with how it left me, so like I say, if the job/people are making to ill, then it Is a good time to get out if you can.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
MajorD
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 07 13:44

Had exactly the same problem. My mental health took a battering and the doctor signed me off. The HT and BM said they were there to support me but did nothing apart from "speak to him". In the end I left and now have a lovely little school in the countryside. In a way, he did me a favour!
TheTaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 07 15:17

Hedgehog wrote: 6th May 2024 at 9:05pm Thanks for the support folks. Appreciate it.
Been mulling it over all weekend and can't come to a resolution in my head. He won't be disciplined or dismissed so I can't stay even if I want to as it would just be uncomfortable.
Sad as I have been here 9 years now and love working here but hey ho hopefully something else pops up before I go.
Officially have to give 9 weeks notice but may just hang on till the end of term in July.
I was going to take time out this week but exams start on Wednesday and want to make sure all is OK for the kids as I know he won't know what to do in setting out exam desks etc.
Seem a couple of positions near to me which I will go for, failing that I will go back as a self employed handyman.
where abouts are you based as there are a few in bucks at the moment
My life is like a game of Tetris - I never get the block I want
Hedgehog
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 10 19:32

So handed my notice in and management said they would speak to the person concerned.
They have literally just told them that their attitude could cost them their job. That's basically all that was said. [Mad.png]

So told management that my notice still stands and I am leaving at the end of July as no one is taking the physical threats seriously.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 11 12:35

It's very sad that they aren't taking their responsibility correctly but you must do what you feel is right with it. Good luck for the future👍
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.