UK's cheapest new electric car goes on sale next week

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Ships, Travel Services...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jun 2024 02 15:30

Re: UK's cheapest new electric car goes on sale next week

There doesn't seem any sense regarding the VED of cars. You can drive an older more polluting car for £35 a year but if you buy a more modern cleaner running car (no matter what type of fuel it uses), you'll have to fork out £190 (will be £200 in 2025). So much for trying to be greener, it doesn't pay. [Angry.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
HarleyPete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 02 17:59

Re: UK's cheapest new electric car goes on sale next week

thecaretaker wrote: 2nd Jun 2024 at 3:30pm There doesn't seem any sense regarding the VED of cars. You can drive an older more polluting car for £35 a year but if you buy a more modern cleaner running car (no matter what type of fuel it uses), you'll have to fork out £190 (will be £200 in 2025). So much for trying to be greener, it doesn't pay. [Angry.png]
In my case the diesel in my car is a Euro 6 and has compliance for most clean air zones apparently including Paris so I read some years back.
Shall I rush your rush job before I rush the rush job I was rushing before you rushed in

Most of the time I am a nobody........except when you want something........then, I'm the most important person in the world.

"Teachers are wonderful...........every caretaker should own one, lol"