Another dumb question

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 02 13:36

Another dumb question

I forgot my outlook password that I established many moons ago.
Thought I was being smart when I saved it to log in quick but now I need it and can't find it.
How can I recover it and be super smart and write it down this time?
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jun 2024 02 15:24

Re: Another dumb question

I don't really konw the answer to this. I've never used an outlook email address or Outlook come to that. Is there a 'forgotten password' option on the Outlook website? You should be able to generate a new one and regain access to all your emails again.

I assume when you say Outlook you mean the email account and not your Office Outlook username and password you activated it with? I believe that is stored within your Microsoft Account and you should be able to retrieve it if you log-in to that m8 [Confused.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 02 15:51

thecaretaker wrote: 2nd Jun 2024 at 3:24pm I believe that is stored within your Microsoft Account and you should be able to retrieve it if you log-in to that m8 [Confused.png]
Yes I agree, I also have an Outlook account, it uses the same password as my Microsoft account. Have you tried the “forgot password” button on the Microsoft login page.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
HarleyPete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 02 18:17

I was going to post the same advice as Keyholder. Use the "Forgot Password" option as it use the same password as your Microsoft account.
I personally use a password manager program to keep all my passwords secure and synced with my devices. That way I can have very secure passwords which I can access via my desktop, tablet, laptop or phone. Happy to pass on the name if that's allowed.
Shall I rush your rush job before I rush the rush job I was rushing before you rushed in

Most of the time I am a nobody........except when you want something........then, I'm the most important person in the world.

"Teachers are wonderful...........every caretaker should own one, lol"
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 03 09:14

Mucho thanks.
As I didn't set up a MS account I tried y'alls suggestion and BAM! It seems when I set up an outlook account, it set me up with a MS account that I didn't even know I had.
Thank you for saving the day.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 03 10:14

Take it to your local computer shop and they will possibly be able to help you, the one we have here in Skegness are brilliant at sorting problems out like that, good luck m8. [Thumb_up.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)