ECG

Use this forum to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jun 2024 11 01:44

ECG

Another big change in the NHS is having an ECG. 10-15 years ago I had to have one and the GP practice only had one huge machine that all the doctors had to share. I had to go to another surgery in the group to have it done. You also had to wait weeks for the results.

But now, all the nurses at the practice have their own laptops. They have all the sensors that plug into a USB device. They give you the results instantly. My 93 year old Dad has had 4 done in a week. They noted an irregularity with his heart and in a matter of a few weeks has been fitted with a Pacemaker. It was a very small quick job to fit it.

The built-in batteries last 10-15 years which will well out last him. He doesn't know he has it fitted. He went for a checkup to check it was working correctly and all they do is place another device to his chest which allows them to tweak it's timings and voltages remotely.

Amazing how technology has moved on in the past 10 years or so.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Jun 2024 11 12:50

Re: ECG

Erm,
The Apple Watch has one built in.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 11 21:53

Yes the last two times I had mine done it was just on the desk that the nurse was using , 30 seconds and the result was in. Great stuff
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 12 07:36

Got my TTE later today at Wythenshawe hospital, Wish me luck.. [fever.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Jun 2024 12 09:30

Vera wrote: 12th Jun 2024 at 7:36am Got my TTE later today at Wythenshawe hospital, Wish me luck.. [fever.png]
That can detect more than an ECG or a scanner. One of my `CAFE WIVES` was being told nothing wrong after a scan, just as she was leaving and got to the door, one of the Doctors said `wait a minute` `we will have eco gram done (same as a TTE) Blue lighted to the HEATH, save her life.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 12 09:51

Vera wrote: 12th Jun 2024 at 7:36am Got my TTE later today at Wythenshawe hospital, Wish me luck.. [fever.png]
Good luck [Thumb_up.png]

I had one a few years back, the results were ok back then I suppose as I never had a follow up.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 12 09:59

Keyolder wrote: 12th Jun 2024 at 9:51am Good luck [Thumb_up.png]

I had one a few years back, the results were ok back then I suppose as I never had a follow up.
Thanks, I've had one a few years ago as part of managing the heart condition I have, they check various tests every year or so to see if there is any change in my condition. Also have a 24Hr trace to do soon as well.
Should be fine, Fingers crossed.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]