It’s started

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 21 16:58

Re: It’s started

Vera wrote: 21st Nov 2022 at 3:16pm
Strings at neck height, decorations on or across fire doors covering up the safety signs and call points all have to be pointed out by me by email then I become the "hitler" of the school or bah humbug.
I feel your pain! I don`t bother to say anything about blocking/obscuring fire exits anymore I just remove the obstruction when I lock up [Wink.png]
1/ Staff don`t take a blind bit of notice
2/ Staff are responsible if they block a fire exits
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 21 21:50

I personally used to refuse to have anything to do with putting up the tree, i was known as a proper grump when it came to that particular season. The tree was always put up by one of my assistants who loved doing it. Personally, i think that awful season should be banned in schools as the kids used to get too hyper and cause us all sorts of problems during the while of December, just a personal opinion as they used to dump all of the work onto us and couldn't be bothered to do it themselves, hence my refusal
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 22 07:47

For years I didn't get the festive feeling and thought once I landed a job in a school that with all the prep going on that it would return. But alas, whilst the Teaching staff do a bundle of things it is still up to me to assemble trees and erect the stage.

But worst of all...........................glitter. [shout.png]
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
Durham1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 22 07:56

Got our tree to put up this weekend, it's an ex show one from Asda so absolutely huge.
I will have the missus on hand to help me with the 100's of baubles and beads etc but will still take about 4 hours.
“It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.” – Franklin D Roosevelt.
Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 22 08:39

Tom 1964 wrote: 22nd Nov 2022 at 7:47am For years I didn't get the festive feeling and thought once I landed a job in a school that with all the prep going on that it would return. But alas, whilst the Teaching staff do a bundle of things it is still up to me to assemble trees and erect the stage.

But worst of all...........................glitter. [shout.png]
Shouldnt have typed too early. Just got the "can you put the stage up". [Cry.png]
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 22 08:46

Tom 1964 wrote: 22nd Nov 2022 at 8:39am Shouldnt have typed too early. Just got the "can you put the stage up". [Cry.png]
Get the eco warrior kids on the case with the glitter.
It was banned in our school a year or two back.

Funny how it seems to appear in the carpet still. [Confused.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Caretak3r
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 22 09:05

Yep, decorations already up here.
Dunroamin
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 22 10:06

Tom 1964 wrote: 22nd Nov 2022 at 8:39am Shouldnt have typed too early. Just got the "can you put the stage up". [Cry.png]
Stage up last week so the little ones could start rehearsing their *banned word* production. Was hoping for a couple of weeks grace before the glitter fest started, the after school club thought otherwise - little glitter footprints (of various colours) up and down the longest corridor, which is carpeted. Seriously thinking of souping up the hoover like Vyvyan did on the Young Ones!!
seedfut06
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 22 13:42

Me, mydaughter and her twin brother(21) all detest the runup and faff. I made a pallet tree that sits flat to a wall as we have Bengal cats-one not clever the new one too clever by half so a real shape one is out. We take down a big mirror the tree is hung with baubles and thats it. It took a lot of negotiation on our partto get the wife to agree to this. Its not started here at school yet. The tree is arriving tomorrow and is only going to be up for three weeks, of"oohhh isnt it lovely". Its just vertical fire wood.
seedfut06
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2022 22 13:45

Dunroamin wrote: 22nd Nov 2022 at 10:06am Stage up last week so the little ones could start rehearsing their *banned word* production. Was hoping for a couple of weeks grace before the glitter fest started, the after school club thought otherwise - little glitter footprints (of various colours) up and down the longest corridor, which is carpeted. Seriously thinking of souping up the hoover like Vyvyan did on the Young Ones!!
One of the TA s had painc attack during a first rehersal. It would make a grown man weep.