Stop Oil Protesters

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Travel Services...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Feb 2023 06 08:05

Re: Stop Oil Protesters

Keep the discussion friendly and polite or you'll know what will happen. Sir is watching you... [Thumb_up.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2023 06 08:24

TheTakerofCare wrote: 6th Feb 2023 at 8:01am Nope they are gotchas, hence the shocking JIF.

Legitimate concern would be actual research, not what people have posted in about 100m memes on the internet. JSO have a website, reading it would help.

But I promise to do better.
And how would you answer those questions about wind turbines and solar panels?
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.
DieselPunk
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2023 06 08:25

magpie wrote: 5th Feb 2023 at 7:07pm What about the money that will be spent on security and just the cost of the upcoming Coronation. Why can't they just take the crown over to him and say here put this on and you become King. We can all complain about what things cost, as it happens I think that the Coronation will be a terrible waste of public money regardless of the arguments about the tourism it might create

" Here, put this on" [Big grin.png] [Big grin.png] [Big grin.png] [Big grin.png]
Comment of the week
PRINGLES - 'once you pop, you can't stop'

Why do they come with re-sealable lids?
TheTakerofCare
Feb 2023 06 08:33

ElGuapo wrote: 6th Feb 2023 at 8:24am And how would you answer those questions about wind turbines and solar panels?
Read my answer, especially the last lines, then go on to JSO website and it’s all there.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2023 06 08:48

TheTakerofCare wrote: 6th Feb 2023 at 8:33am Read my answer, especially the last lines, then go on to JSO website and it’s all there.
But surely the JSO website is unbiased right?
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2023 06 08:51

TheTakerofCare wrote: 6th Feb 2023 at 8:33am Read my answer, especially the last lines, then go on to JSO website and it’s all there.
I have read it your answer, but you didn’t address his points about solar panels and wind turbines.
Buffer
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2023 06 08:59

Not being a legal expert or anything but surely the police have the right to remove anyone from obstructing the highway? Just for the record my thoughts on the environment for what it is worth is that their are huge challenges ahead but minimising pollution can only be a good thing? but as always their are people on both sides of the argument who have political agendas of their own - I take my hat off to the people who actually are working on new solutions and working around problems.
TheTakerofCare
Feb 2023 06 09:05

ElGuapo wrote: 6th Feb 2023 at 8:51am I have read it your answer, but you didn’t address his points about solar panels and wind turbines.
these things take time, and yes until we find a way to make all your gotcha things without oil it is a long road.

Did you not read that bit, but I will spell it out a lot simpler.

JSO want , ALL NEW LICENCES stopped, not old ones, not just pull out of oil etc, we need to address the issues by looking at alternatives, these will take time. Reducing oil by 15m barrels a day will help immediately and is a start, they know all your stuff is made with oil, god they have been saying that for ever, but instead of reading your own headlines, do some research and you will be surprised.

As I said my last line addresses the issue of stuff built today, if you can’t see it, sorry can’t help you anymore.
TheTakerofCare
Feb 2023 06 09:06

Vera wrote: 6th Feb 2023 at 8:48am But surely the JSO website is unbiased right?
Yes of course they are, but reading what they say is a start for them.
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2023 06 09:11

TheTakerofCare wrote: 6th Feb 2023 at 9:05am these things take time, and yes until we find a way to make all your gotcha things without oil it is a long road.

Did you not read that bit, but I will spell it out a lot simpler.

JSO want , ALL NEW LICENCES stopped, not old ones, not just pull out of oil etc, we need to address the issues by looking at alternatives, these will take time. Reducing oil by 15m barrels a day will help immediately and is a start, they know all your stuff is made with oil, god they have been saying that for ever, but instead of reading your own headlines, do some research and you will be surprised.

As I said my last line addresses the issue of stuff built today, if you can’t see it, sorry can’t help you anymore.
So basically your answer is to the questions raised earlier is “I don’t know”.
Got it. Thanks for that.