Citroen Ami flips at 28mph

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Travel Services...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Mar 2023 16 09:05

Re: Citroen Ami flips at 28mph

Richard M wrote: 16th Mar 2023 at 8:11am ....When you see the thousands of 4x4, family saloons, estate cars with just the driver on-board, its a relatively expensive way to travel just so that every now and then we can have a passenger or two.
I've eventually worked out why parents (usually women) want huge 4x4s to take their kids to school. It is nothing to do with feeling safer. It is so they can mount huge curbs, drive up grass banks and park the other side of double yellow lines where normal cars can't reach. You would damage a normal car trying to park in some of the places these 4x4's park.

Their is a women opposite me who owns a huge Volvo. It has the biggest wheels I've ever seen on a car. All she uses it for is to run the kids 800 yards up the road to school everyday. It sits parked on the road and doesn't move for weeks during school holidays. I expect it has low mileage, but most of its life is driven with the choke engaged and never gets a chance to warm up. If she's getting 10 miles to the gallon she'd be lucky. Now don't start me off. [Big grin.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2023 16 09:17

Re: Citroen Ami flips at 28mph

Richard M wrote: 16th Mar 2023 at 8:11am When you consider how many of our journeys are one person popping into town, up to the supermarket or on equally short runs we only need a small economical vehicle.
I have a friend that has a 2011 Nissan Leaf, he’s had it a good few years now, he also has a VW Passat he uses for longer journeys. As the Leaf’s battery is old and only has around 50 miles of range at most now he uses it as a local run-around. My friend also has solar panels so in the summer fuel for the Leaf is mostly free. He doesn’t bother getting the Leaf serviced just MOT’d every year, not much to service on an electric car. The last time I saw him he mentioned wiper blades track rod ends tyres and a 12v battery are the only replacement parts he’s had to fork out for. He was going to replace the Leaf a couple of years ago with something newer but as it really owes him nothing and just keeps going he’s decided to keep it.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.