In Service Training Day (INSET DAY)

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 03 09:22

Re: In Service Training Day (INSET DAY)

It was an INSET day for us yesterday and back to some kind of normality today. I was so busy yesterday I only got time to sit down on my split shift and when I finished at 6:30pm, and extremely busy again this morning.
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. [Success.png]
MrMatt
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 03 13:27

Inset today, most of the hierarchy stayed until 12pm only the teachers and us site left, teachers think they can stay until 6.30pm ahahahah no chance. The dance begins again.
'Sometimes fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions' - Haruki Murakami.
Pebble
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 03 16:18

Inset day today (Wednesday, it's called a PD or Professional Development day here) but the school is closed and no one in. How come? Cleverly worked by the HT, SLT and BM and the PD day is "aggregated". This means that the 7 or 8 hours that everyone should have been in for have been accounted for via after school "meetings/workshops" since September 2023. Same applied for one we had on the 20th December, a day after the kids finished, and the school was also closed.
PD days normally only apply to teaching staff, support staff don't have PD days in their contract and site staff should be in regardless. However, with regards to the ones either side of the --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- break, BM proposed to HT that site staff should also get the two PD days off as they've worked their nuts off. HT agreed, so bingo, two extra days holiday [Success.png]
Frankle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 04 09:42

No inset day for us, we used our entitlement up in the Summer, new heating system and new roof meant that the summer holiday was extended to allow work to be completed. I came in Tuesday to allow contractors in, staff and pupils back in today. This has to be the shortest --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- holiday ever!!
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 05 16:52

What about those full school staff meetings where we all meet up in the hall & get wished a happy new year by the Head & told that this year is likely to be even worse than the last.