Its like working with children.

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Beepy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 17:42

Re: Its like working with children.

I refuse to do it and I've told them it isn't the cleaners job to 'clean up' after them, they clean that's it! Sometimes the sink can stay full for weeks, eventually the same mug puts it all in the dishwasher - no that mug isn't me!
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Jan 2024 09 17:45

I flatly refused to do any dishes.
I flatly refused to let my cleaners do any dishes.
After a near revolt due to no clean cups, a cleaner was offered an extra half hour a day to do them.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 10 07:30

ElGuapo wrote: 9th Jan 2024 at 5:29pm Comparing them to children is harsh. Kids are not THAT bad [Big grin.png]
[Like.png]
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 10 08:03

I've always found that teachers, who have had a job in the outside world, are far more level and understanding. Teachers who have always been in education tend to be less rounded. (I am very impressed at how I have tactfully worded that!)
Eagleman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 10 08:09

There used to be a staff member that left her tea bag on the side to re use!...I would throw it away. She then left it on a saucer with a spoon...so I would throw all three away! She then left the tea bag on the saucer, with the spoon and a post it note saying "please do not throw away".... you guessed it...whole lot would go in he bin each day. She got the message in the end :)
Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 10 08:36

Eagleman wrote: 10th Jan 2024 at 8:09am There used to be a staff member that left her tea bag on the side to re use!...I would throw it away. She then left it on a saucer with a spoon...so I would throw all three away! She then left the tea bag on the saucer, with the spoon and a post it note saying "please do not throw away".... you guessed it...whole lot would go in he bin each day. She got the message in the end :)
I know they had to strike for a pay increase but not being able to afford a tea bag is pushing it. [zip.png]
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 10 09:20

Beepy wrote: 9th Jan 2024 at 5:42pm I refuse to do it and I've told them it isn't the cleaners job to 'clean up' after them, they clean that's it! Sometimes the sink can stay full for weeks, eventually the same mug puts it all in the dishwasher - no that mug isn't me!
^^ this.

My cleaner used to do it, thinking she was helping. I asked her not to do it, as it takes time from work that I actually her role.
The fridges are the same. I ask for everything to be cleared
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
mikefido
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 10 15:09

The wheels on the bottom tray in one of ours broke, so an 'out of use' label went on whilst I waited for replacements to arrive - and sure enough the sink filled up with glasses, mugs and plates (someone even put stuff on the top tray whilst it was out of use!).

Next thing is the top trays wheels disintegrate, so back on goes a 'out of use' label. I took the tray out whilst those wheels were on order, which meant I had to take the stops off the runners and didn't put them back.
A few days later I find they've been using it (as the top tray was missing it wasn't washing properly as the high level spinner wasn't there). So it gets unplugged and I nick the fuse - that finally stopped them!

Of course, like an idiot, I left the stops in the bottom of the machine so had to fish them out of the filter when the parts finally arrived!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory!
hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 11 10:19

Dexter wrote: 10th Jan 2024 at 8:03am I've always found that teachers, who have had a job in the outside world, are far more level and understanding. Teachers who have always been in education tend to be less rounded. (I am very impressed at how I have tactfully worded that!)
I couldn't agree more they go to school leave go to university then go back to school never really knowing the real world or how to treat people with respect. almost all our staff have problems with there own children mainly because they would rather be at school than at home. Home many of us have to ask people to leave the building even in the holidays when they are not getting paid . rant over Not lol
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 11 12:12

That is school life unfortunately, one of my heads even made a sign and put it up in the staff room kitchen her self saying "It's the maids day off wash up your cups" but no one took any notice after a while and then the BM put the job of cleaning up after staff on one of the poor cleaners, i was not happy with that. [Angry.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)