I need a supplier for Washroom Services

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 08:20

Re: I need a supplier for Washroom Services

Our experience may sound familiar:

Over the years there has been a pattern of not collecting bins or servicing air fresheners for 3 months over the summer. Last year according to their log of visits) they did not visit July-Sept. One of the log's other visits were when we were closed. We had a total of 8 visits instead of 12 in the year.

Between the visits we found that the air fresheners were not working for long periods. They would look at the cartridges and see that they were full and I was shown by an operative that they took a beep from the unit for proof of battery life. Unfortunately, a battery can have enough power to beep but not to activate the air freshener.

When we looked to add another sanitary bin to our contract they changed the frequency of services, for all of the bins, to 24 (from 12) without any reference to it in the accompanying email's narrative. That was probably the straw that broke the camel's back and we started scrutinising more.
Dalscone89
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 09:57

East Lancashire based school, we also used Citron for our washroom services and never had a problem [Thumb_up.png]
grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 12:09

I agree that PHS are rubbish. They ok with the nappy bins but dire with sani bins. I would look and see if there is an independent company near you. I have found Inital to be ok in the past and cheaper than PHS.
PalaceEagles
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 12:37

We use Initial here in Essex. We have had a couple of changes in driver but not missed any pickups. Normally same time and day every 4 weeks.
Hedgehog
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 13:26

We use Concept Hygiene. Never had an issue in 10 years.
DJS5751
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 14:55

We are based in Merseyside and we use Citron.

Never had any issues and always quick to respond if any issues over bags or bins etc. [Thumb_up.png]
Site Manager. [Like.png] [Big grin.png] [Like.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 15:10

Thanks all we will hit up Citroen and Initial as I know they operate locally.

What about you Dexter (Still a great name that [Like.png] )
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 15:22

I have passed on both Citron and Initial emails to the BM so I think we'll be getting quotes from both.

Thanks to all for the recommendations - I appreciate it.

Vera: The name was from my Jack Russell terrier who departed this world prematurely (a great dog) rather than a serial killer but I'll take the avatar. Yours was a car rather than the North East detective. I guess those names that are not a description of ourselves are from emotional attachments.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 15:37

Dexter wrote: 23rd May 2024 at 3:22pm I have passed on both Citron and Initial emails to the BM so I think we'll be getting quotes from both.

Thanks to all for the recommendations - I appreciate it.

Vera: The name was from my Jack Russell terrier who departed this world prematurely (a great dog) rather than a serial killer but I'll take the avatar. Yours was a car rather than the North East detective. I guess those names that are not a description of ourselves are from emotional attachments.
Very true, Dexter. I am sorry for your loss of Dexter.

It's amazing the impact an animal can have on you we ourselves have had many dogs leave us There was Shelley a rehomed ex breeding female, Beau a completely harmless lovely rescue dog who I'm sure was not quite the full shilling, Benny who was our only dog from a pup who was just the best all round dog you could wish for (if a little barky) we now only have Saoirse the most lovely, daft, silly and sleepy rescue greyhound (from Ireland) she is literally no trouble at all and by far the easiest dog to care for.
Saoirse.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Richard M
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 15:44

You might bget a quote from Cathedral Hygeine. Have used and are good.