Parents parking

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 20 14:30

Re: Parents parking

thecaretaker wrote: 20th May 2024 at 11:40am You had to be tough growing up in my area in those days. [JawDropped.png]
I was going to quote the Four Yorkshiremen - Monty Python sketch, but thought better of it [fever.png]
It was definitely un-cool for any parent to accompany you to school back in my school-daze [Big grin.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
MajorD
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 06 08:13

Just an update.
We have had a coach picking the kids up for swimming this week so I stuck a few cones out opposite our zig zags so there would be room for traffic to pass when the coach returns at home time.
I walked out to find the cones had been moved and parents had parked along the road meaning the whole road was now blocked when the coach arrived.
Yesterday, I made 15 no parking signs on A3, stuck them on posts and then found every traffic cone I could find and lined the road. It looked so excessive and made the head laugh but it worked. Hopefully they have no got the message!! (Probably not)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2024 06 08:20

MajorD wrote: 6th Jun 2024 at 8:13am Just an update.
We have had a coach picking the kids up for swimming this week so I stuck a few cones out opposite our zig zags so there would be room for traffic to pass when the coach returns at home time.
I walked out to find the cones had been moved and parents had parked along the road meaning the whole road was now blocked when the coach arrived.
Yesterday, I made 15 no parking signs on A3, stuck them on posts and then found every traffic cone I could find and lined the road. It looked so excessive and made the head laugh but it worked. Hopefully they have no got the message!! (Probably not)
Oh they got the message alright but just wait until it next rains, they won't walk in the rain.. or you can just wait until the next day when the can't be A*****.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]