Exit Switch Cover Ideas Please.

Get hints and tips, discuss about equipment care, tools...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

atcw48
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Exit Switch Cover Ideas Please.

Dec 2018 07 16:12

Post by atcw48 » Fri, 7th Dec 2018, 4:12pm

Post by atcw48 by atcw48 Dec 2018 07 16:12

Acaretaker wrote:
Wed, 28th Nov 2018, 8:25am
atcw48 wrote:
Tue, 27th Nov 2018, 6:07pm
We have the same switch on our main door, osted informed us to disconect it as the children can reach it. (never been a problem) so i left the switch in place and put a key switch lower on the door. when the key switch is in the off position the rocker switchdose not work. we now switch it off before the children arrive and back on again at end of day. The office now opens the door during the school day if people need to exit.
I assume that the door will still unlock it's self if the fire alarm is activated
its not a fire exit. all other doors do.

Acaretaker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Exit Switch Cover Ideas Please.

Dec 2018 07 17:01

Post by Acaretaker » Fri, 7th Dec 2018, 5:01pm

Post by Acaretaker by Acaretaker Dec 2018 07 17:01

atcw48 wrote:
Fri, 7th Dec 2018, 4:12pm
Acaretaker wrote:
Wed, 28th Nov 2018, 8:25am
atcw48 wrote:
Tue, 27th Nov 2018, 6:07pm
We have the same switch on our main door, osted informed us to disconect it as the children can reach it. (never been a problem) so i left the switch in place and put a key switch lower on the door. when the key switch is in the off position the rocker switchdose not work. we now switch it off before the children arrive and back on again at end of day. The office now opens the door during the school day if people need to exit.
I assume that the door will still unlock it's self if the fire alarm is activated
its not a fire exit. all other doors do.
All doors you are likely to have to pass through to evacuate a building, are fire escape doors, some will be fire resistant (FD30/60 or FD30s/FD60s doors) others standard doors. All routes out of the building will become fire escape routes, in a fire situation, the ones used daily and familiar to all the occupants do not need to be signed with fire exit signs but all alternative routes unfamiliar to the occupants need to be signed with fire exit signs. This will definitely apply to a main door
"All warfare is based on deception. Thus, when able to attack, we must seem unable. Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is quick to anger, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant." Sun Tzu (Art of War)