Annoying email responses!

Discuss Unions, Contracts, T&Cs, Pay, Leave, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

bigbird
Forum Member
Forum Member
Sep 2018 14 09:56

Re: Annoying email responses!

Viking72 wrote:
Thu, Jth Sep 2018, 5:34pm
bigbird wrote:
Thu, Jth Sep 2018, 11:04am

18_06_13 General Notice_Awareness_College Opening Times.pdf

If you don't mind I might use this at my place. (with a little editing)

[Like.png]
Only glad it takes the donkey work out of it for you to use, Viking72

Have a nice day [Waving.png]
You're only as Good as Your Last Job!

Tti
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 09 08:04

thecaretaker wrote:
Thu, Jth Sep 2018, 1:19pm
bigbird wrote:
Thu, Jth Sep 2018, 11:04am
All staff are told to leave unwanted items in the corridors after school, anything in the classroom is left.

Unwanted furniture is skipped in the holidays (we don't keep furniture) my staff are not carrying stuff around twice or being told once it's arrives "that's old"! I don't want it, take it back!

See attachment sent to all staff after each holiday.

18_06_13 General Notice_Awareness_College Opening Times.pdf
Hope you don't mind me commenting:

(j) Footstools and ladders must be used at all times

Assuming all staff have had step ladder/working at heights training, the footstools and step ladders are regularly checked and are of the correct class for work (not domestic step ladders purchased from B&Q) [Neutral.png]
HSE: The owners of a Beverley shoe shop were fined £16,000 after an employee was seriously injured after falling from a domestic step ladder. The court heard that the employer had failed to provide staff with a suitable stepladders, the member of staff was not given adequate training and no safety checks were carried out on the step ladder.
In my last job, I gave all our employees working at height training and got them to sign a sheet to acknowledge they had received it (to cover me and the employer). I also was trained how to check steps and ladders and record my findings. I then routinely carried out checks to all steps and ladders. Employees also had to check them before use and report any faults. When ladders failed, rarely could I repair them without risk of affecting the integrity of the ladders, so 9 times out of 10 it meant they had to be replaced with new.
Haven't read the whole note but surely footstools and ladders being used at all times would preclude anyone from standing on the floor ever?

Keyolder
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 09 08:35

bigbird wrote:
Thu, Jth Sep 2018, 2:58pm

Here's my ladder register

Ladder Register_Check List_Current1.xlsx
Hi bigbird, you're ladder register is superior to my feeble attempt in comparison so I hope you don't mind me editing and using it.
Thanks in advance [Like.png]
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think you’re a looney [Crazy.png]

OXSET
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 11 10:15

ha, this has cropped up again. yes i was having a bad day!