Can any Caretakers step in to help?

Post your vacancies here or find the latest Caretaker jobs in your area...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Forum rules
If you have a job vacancy that you would like to post on this forum, you need to register and Log-In using your chosen username and password.

• When posting a job vacancy, please add the closing date in brackets to the end of the title of your topic. E.G. (Closing date: 1st October 2018).
  • You may upload any documentation with your post as an attachment/s up to a maximum of 2mb for each file.
  • If this is the first time you have posted a job vacancy on our forum, please allow up to 24 hours for our moderators to validate your vacancy.
  • Individuals, employers and recruitment agencies are welcome to post jobs on this forum as long as applicants can apply for positions free of charge.
  • You are reminded that any information posted on this forum will become 'Publicly Available' and you should read and understand our GDPR Privacy Policy before posting.
  • You must also comply with our forum Terms and Conditions. You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any job listing at any time.
  • Individual forum members should ensure that they have the authority and/or permission from their school prior to posting job vacancies on this forum.
  • Instructions on how to post a message on this forum can be found HERE. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask us in the Feedback forum.

We look forward to seeing your job vacancy on our forum. Job adverts are also shown automatically on our homepage. Thank you.
thecaretaker
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Can any Caretakers step in to help?

Nov 2018 02 18:17

Post by thecaretaker » Fri, 2nd Nov 2018, 6:17pm

Post by thecaretaker by thecaretaker Nov 2018 02 18:17

Had an email this afternoon...
Good afternoon

I was wondering if you might be able to help me…

I work for a group of schools across the South East – GLF Schools. I work in the central team based in Surrey and help source teachers and support staff for all the current 30 schools in our Trust.

Unfortunately, one of the caretakers in our Caterham cluster has had an accident and will be off for the next few months.

We are trying our best to avoid agency fees to help fill the gap. Is there any way you can circulate this role to your network? It would be part time, around 3 or 4 days a week, and ideally we would have somebody with experience in looking after swimming pools.

I would be really grateful for anything you can do to help.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in contact by emailing back or dropping me a text on 07715 207996

Have a great weekend

Tom Wyatt

GLF Schools Recruitment Partner
P: 020 8716 4987
E: wyattt@glfschools.org | W: www.glfschools.org
A: Claygate House
Littleworth Road
Esher
Surrey
KT10 9PN
Growing Old is Mandatory - Growing Up Is Optional

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Can any Caretakers step in to help?

Nov 2018 02 18:33

Post by EBJ » Fri, 2nd Nov 2018, 6:33pm

Post by EBJ by EBJ Nov 2018 02 18:33

Pity i am not nearer as i would have stepped in now being retired and helped out and i have swimming pool experiance, i wish them luck and hope they find some one.
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nov 2018 02 19:07

Post by Drone » Fri, 2nd Nov 2018, 7:07pm

Post by Drone by Drone Nov 2018 02 19:07

Gone are the days of Mobile Caretakers who would open up, tidy up & lock up.

welshhunk
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Can any South East Caretakers help out?

Nov 2018 03 10:17

Post by welshhunk » Sat, 3rd Nov 2018, 10:17am

Post by welshhunk by welshhunk Nov 2018 03 10:17

Would happily help out as it is very near to me. But that amount of time is impossible. Working full time here would only give me shattered fatigue trying to help out elsewhere. Plus no swimming pool experience either [Scared.png]
Best of luck though and I hope you get it sorted.
wake me up before you gogo.

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nov 2018 03 11:40

Post by EBJ » Sat, 3rd Nov 2018, 11:40am

Post by EBJ by EBJ Nov 2018 03 11:40

If i lived nearer i would happily assist now being retired a nd i do have pool experience, i wish the school well. [Like.png]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

Skoolkeeper
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nov 2018 03 12:54

Post by Skoolkeeper » Sat, 3rd Nov 2018, 12:54pm

Post by Skoolkeeper by Skoolkeeper Nov 2018 03 12:54

Drone wrote:
Fri, 2nd Nov 2018, 7:07pm
Gone are the days of Mobile Caretakers who would open up, tidy up & lock up.
Well perhaps this trust that covers 30? should employ a full time mobile caretaker or two, then this sort of thing would not happen, I am sure there is enough money in the pot from 30? trust schools to adopt this and not come cap in hand to the caretakers website, there must be another ploy to this, perhaps at some stage all caretakers at these trust schools will be on ZERO hours contracts other 3/4 days a week to save more money and pay there C.E.OS, H.Ts and B.Ms more salaries. But fairs fair at least they asked nicely, Beware Greeks (I know its the southeast!) bearing gifts I have always been told, had my say, and good luck to all parties. [Neutral.png]

Handyman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nov 2018 03 13:54

Post by Handyman » Sat, 3rd Nov 2018, 1:54pm

Post by Handyman by Handyman Nov 2018 03 13:54

Would like to help but I am already working a lot of extra hours where I am. Sadly pretty much all schools here are one man bands now as there is no money for assistants. A few years ago it might have been a different story.

I don't know if there are any local secondary schools that could help? When I worked in a large team at one we often used to lend someone out to primaries who had someone off long term etc. They did reverse that policy though when two of the guys were offered permanent jobs and jumped ship.