Jobs worth

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with our members...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member

Jobs worth

Nov 2018 07 20:07

Post by EBJ » Wed, 7th Nov 2018, 8:07pm

Post by EBJ by EBJ Nov 2018 07 20:07

I read that the "Job's Worth's" are at it again this time in Ashford Kent according to AOL news, a bus driver kicked an eleven year old boy off his bus because he took so long to take his bus pass out of it's clear plastic wallet hanging on a lanyard which clearly showed his photo and full I.D. through it because his hands were so cold.

It was raining heavily and the boy had to walk back home and contact neighbors to drive him to school as his parents had already left for work, the company Stage Coach apologized that a customer felt their service was not up to standards to the boys parents who complained. Stage Coach said "all their drivers have the power to use discretion when necessary and we will look into this unfortunate incident.

What the hell is wrong with people these days that they cannot use their brains and make a proper decision based on what they can actually see and the circumstances, this driver could have put this boys welfare in danger by abandoning him in the pouring rain with no way of getting back indoors and arriving later at school soaked through.

[Angry.png] [Angry.png] [Angry.png]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Jobs worth

Nov 2018 07 20:19

Post by Drone » Wed, 7th Nov 2018, 8:19pm

Post by Drone by Drone Nov 2018 07 20:19

I wonder if there is more to this story than has been revealed thus.

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nov 2018 07 20:27

Post by EBJ » Wed, 7th Nov 2018, 8:27pm

Post by EBJ by EBJ Nov 2018 07 20:27

Drone wrote:
Wed, 7th Nov 2018, 8:19pm
I wonder if there is more to this story than has been revealed thus.
Sorry Drone me old m8 i have only said what AOL printed in part and left out the name of his school and his name for obvious reasons.
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Nov 2018 08 10:49

Post by inspector » Thu, 8th Nov 2018, 10:49am

Post by inspector by inspector Nov 2018 08 10:49

"SOME companies" are not good companies to work for, and using your 'Discretion' or using 'Common sense ' is not something it likes it's employee's to do and will more often than not result in dismissal, no matter what mantra thats given out publicly. I can tell you from personal experience that a complaint rarely reflects actual events, trust me, I, as I say, from PERSONAL experience (not with that company) of doing the job correctly, simply doing my job and defending the (Council's) revenue, I ended up in all the national newspaper's, including the NEWS OF THE WORLD. Just for doing what I was paid to do, and expected to do every day. "Cheeky Bus Driver and the Councillors Daughter" was the headline.

keith239
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nov 2018 08 14:15

Post by keith239 » Thu, 8th Nov 2018, 2:15pm

Post by keith239 by keith239 Nov 2018 08 14:15

So this in local paper https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/n ... ef=mr&lp=4

job worth security staff

NEITTech
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nov 2018 08 14:21

Post by NEITTech » Thu, 8th Nov 2018, 2:21pm

Post by NEITTech by NEITTech Nov 2018 08 14:21

EBJ wrote:
Wed, 7th Nov 2018, 8:07pm
I read that the "Job's Worth's" are at it again this time in Ashford Kent according to AOL news, a bus driver kicked an eleven year old boy off his bus because he took so long to take his bus pass out of it's clear plastic wallet hanging on a lanyard which clearly showed his photo and full I.D. through it because his hands were so cold.

It was raining heavily and the boy had to walk back home and contact neighbors to drive him to school as his parents had already left for work, the company Stage Coach apologized that a customer felt their service was not up to standards to the boys parents who complained. Stage Coach said "all their drivers have the power to use discretion when necessary and we will look into this unfortunate incident.

What the hell is wrong with people these days that they cannot use their brains and make a proper decision based on what they can actually see and the circumstances, this driver could have put this boys welfare in danger by abandoning him in the pouring rain with no way of getting back indoors and arriving later at school soaked through.

Even if the boy didn't have his bus pass or ID, they still have to let him on the bus (and bill him retrospectively, if necessary). All bus companies have a duty of care to children under the age of 16.