Noise. Use of leaf blower.

Work issues, H&S, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

madleee
Forum Member
Forum Member
Nov 2018 08 18:34

Noise. Use of leaf blower.

Neighbour of School is complaining about the noise from the leaf blower.

So far I have gathered that machinery can be used between 7am and 8pm weekdays.

Am I correct?
Those with the narrowest of minds have the widest of mouths

Viking72
Forum Member
Forum Member
Nov 2018 08 18:46

Re: Noise. Use of leaf blower.

I think it's 8am till 6pm [Like.png]

Keyolder
Forum Member
Forum Member
Nov 2018 08 18:57

Around here its 8:00am to 5:00pm Mon to Fri and 9:00am to 1:00pm on Saturday, Sunday is a no no!
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think you’re a looney [Crazy.png]

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
Nov 2018 08 22:36

Strewth! How many hours a day are you using the thing?

trout39843
Forum Member
Forum Member
Nov 2018 09 06:40

I checked here and it is definitely 0800 - 1800.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus, Mortiti.

scrubadub
Forum Member
Forum Member
Nov 2018 09 06:45

It is expected that noise levels will be kept to a minimum outside of these times. Monday to Friday: before 7 am and after 8 pm. Weekends and public holidays: before 9 am and after 8 pm. Note: The prohibited times apply when the noise can be heard from inside a habitable room of another residential premises. Any residential noise can still be considered unreasonable outside the prohibited times: some industries are are not covered under these regulations.

The above was taken from our local council site. I researched it a while ago when a neighbour complained a delivery lorry at 7:30 made a noise when it reversed for all of 15 seconds!!!

Acaretaker
Forum Member
Forum Member
Nov 2018 09 08:32

All timings are recommended not statutory UK law, having said that I think before 7.00 is a no no, 7.00 is ok, 7.30 is better, 8.00 don't care what the neighbours think and most of us finish by 18.30. As most CT's/SM's hours are early morning and late afternoon we have to fit our jobs in when we can.

I don't think you stand outside the neighbours house for hours on end but move around your site and unless you have a very old petrol leaf blower then the average blower is 64 - 75 decibels @ 50 feet, speech is 65 decibels so unless you have a very small site surrounded by houses up to your fence then I can't see to much of a problem, especially if it only one neighbour.
"All warfare is based on deception. Thus, when able to attack, we must seem unable. Hold out bait to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is quick to anger, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant." Sun Tzu (Art of War)

HappyLad
Forum Member
Forum Member
Nov 2018 09 10:52

I think if they're complaining it's probably justified. We always try and work with our neighbours.
My wife asked me to pick up a loaf of bread and, if they had eggs, to get a dozen. I came home with a dozen loaves of bread.

If brains were dynamite, some people would not have enough to blow their nose.