10,000 pupils cannot be accounted for

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with our members...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

thecaretaker
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

10,000 pupils cannot be accounted for

Dec 2018 05 12:48

Post by thecaretaker » Wed, 5th Dec 2018, 12:48pm

Post by thecaretaker by thecaretaker Dec 2018 05 12:48

I was amazed by this news story. OFSTED has revealed that some 10,000 pupils cannot be accounted for and may have been "off-rolled" by schools in Years 10 and 11. This may have been done to improve school exam results by loosing pupils that have special needs and not much chance of passing exams.

Children should never be written off, lost in the system to aid the reputation (and ultimately finances) of schools. Our kids deserve better than this.
Growing Old is Mandatory - Growing Up Is Optional

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: 10,000 pupils cannot be accounted for

Dec 2018 05 13:59

Post by EBJ » Wed, 5th Dec 2018, 1:59pm

Post by EBJ by EBJ Dec 2018 05 13:59

There you go CT the schools are run like business empires and the share holders have to see it making a profit with outstanding results. [xmas_angry.gif]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

keith239
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 05 17:02

Post by keith239 » Wed, 5th Dec 2018, 5:02pm

Post by keith239 by keith239 Dec 2018 05 17:02

This has been going on for years, I used to work in a secondary school where they would move pupils on by agreement with a school down the road.
when Ofsted came in some of the little dears would be on field trips or even told to stay at home. If they got an advance warning they would just be on with the pupil move school {Till they had gone } They would be reinstated them [xmas_santaclaus.gif] back at school saying the pupil didn't fit in at the new school.

Ofsted needs to just turn up with any warning. To get the real picture of what's going on. [xmas_shocked.gif]

Jubbs
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 06 08:42

Post by Jubbs » Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 8:42am

Post by Jubbs by Jubbs Dec 2018 06 08:42

keith239 wrote:
Wed, 5th Dec 2018, 5:02pm
This has been going on for years, I used to work in a secondary school where they would move pupils on by agreement with a school down the road.
when Ofsted came in some of the little dears would be on field trips or even told to stay at home. If they got an advance warning they would just be on with the pupil move school {Till they had gone } They would be reinstated them [xmas_santaclaus.gif] back at school saying the pupil didn't fit in at the new school.

Ofsted needs to just turn up with any warning. To get the real picture of what's going on. [xmas_shocked.gif]
Yep, warts and all. Goes to show just how corrupt the whole system is and how the gov keep it ticking over to suit their needs.

I hope Nick Ferrari and Nigel Farage pick up on this.

JohnE875
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 06 08:46

Post by JohnE875 » Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 8:46am

Post by JohnE875 by JohnE875 Dec 2018 06 08:46

Unfortunately this will always happen now that we are results guided and league tables to climb. The students are no longer the wider picture it seems to me. Staff are now expected to be baby sitters, surrogate parents, social workers rather than the teachers/educators they are paid to be.
I feel it is about time we went back a few years and have some hard discipline for both wild students and their parents and show them right from wrong with a painful lesson. I don't just mean whack them --- censored word --- nilly like us older ones were. I don't know what the answer is nowadays I feel society has fallen by the wayside a long time ago.
We have 3/4 generations of non working feral adults and children that just do as they please with no morals or shame and care for nothing but themselves.
The Great in Britain are few and far between nowadays.
Nils Illigitimi Carborundum

Jubbs
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 06 08:53

Post by Jubbs » Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 8:53am

Post by Jubbs by Jubbs Dec 2018 06 08:53

JohnE875 wrote:
Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 8:46am
Unfortunately this will always happen now that we are results guided and league tables to climb. The students are no longer the wider picture it seems to me. Staff are now expected to be baby sitters, surrogate parents, social workers rather than the teachers/educators they are paid to be.
I feel it is about time we went back a few years and have some hard discipline for both wild students and their parents and show them right from wrong with a painful lesson. I don't just mean whack them --- censored word --- nilly like us older ones were. I don't know what the answer is nowadays I feel society has fallen by the wayside a long time ago.
We have 3/4 generations of non working feral adults and children that just do as they please with no morals or shame and care for nothing but themselves.
Not more I can add to that, totally agree.

Keyolder
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 06 15:59

Post by Keyolder » Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 3:59pm

Post by Keyolder by Keyolder Dec 2018 06 15:59

JohnE875 wrote:
Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 8:46am
I vote JohnE875 for Prime Minister! [xmas_cool.gif]
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think you’re a looney [Crazy.png]

Jubbs
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 06 16:44

Post by Jubbs » Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 4:44pm

Post by Jubbs by Jubbs Dec 2018 06 16:44

As John says....social apathy and complacency are rife and its going to take as long to get back to some kind of society where its cool to be in a job and one is providing for the family or ones self.

The Nanny state is partly to blame, but personal values and appreciation of a neighbours property or belongings is not being taught at school. It would help if we had more police presence on the street, old PC Plod may never have arrested that many perps in a day, but at least he/she was enough to change some minds and save lives even.

HappyLad
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 07 08:25

Post by HappyLad » Fri, 7th Dec 2018, 8:25am

Post by HappyLad by HappyLad Dec 2018 07 08:25

I know of one school where the HT decided not to change the role at census time after quite a few kids left during the term. Remember they're worth circa £5k per head. My wife was the school BM and she had to misrepresent the figures as his insistence! (she had it documented) I guess if this goes on in many schools it's easy to lose track of people over time.
My wife asked me to pick up a loaf of bread and, if they had eggs, to get a dozen. I came home with a dozen loaves of bread.

If brains were dynamite, some people would not have enough to blow their nose.