Pub urinals

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with our members...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Dragonrider
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Pub urinals

Dec 2018 06 17:13

Post by Dragonrider » Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 5:13pm

Post by Dragonrider by Dragonrider Dec 2018 06 17:13

Just had our office christmas lunch at a local hostelry. Very nice "proper" food, thick slice turkey, sprouts, roast potatoes, cauliflower and a sausage. No yorkshire puddings though, bit of a shame as I live in Yorkshire! Food was great and prices where reasonable I thought.

Had to use the facilities afterwards and could not believe what I saw. Thought about taking a picture but decided against it in the end.

A line of three stainless steel buckets fixed to a slope on the wall. There was a drain in each bucket, but no flush options and being a pub, not the best of aims going from the marks, stains and flaking paintwork behind them.

Don't think I'll be suggesting we go there again even though it was my suggestion this year.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Pub urinals

Dec 2018 06 18:16

Post by EBJ » Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 6:16pm

Post by EBJ by EBJ Dec 2018 06 18:16

Is that the modern future of pub facilities, i wonder what the ladies are like, did you inquire or let sleeping dogs lie ?,i have seen some grotty conveniences in my life time from basic painted feet marks on the floor either side of a hole in the floor and flies by the million to a little old lady handing you one sheet of loo paper as you pay to go in.

Floors awash with blocked outlets and the smells Airwick would go bankrupt trying to develop a smell to hide it and i must admit some have been that bad i have found a dark alley or wooded area than be brave enough to venture in past the WC door.

Glad the food was OK though even if there was no Yorkshire pud to be had. [xmas_shocked.gif]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

eggy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 06 21:24

Post by eggy » Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 9:24pm

Post by eggy by eggy Dec 2018 06 21:24

You should see the toilets at the West End theatre's. Seen Aladdin and I don't think they have the urinals flushing as the stench was similar to when you strip the pipes down to be cleaned . As for the Lion King there toilet pans need a really good clean .
Take my drum to England, hang it by the shore,And strike it when your powder's running low;If the Dons sight Devon, I'll quit the port of heaven,& drum them up the channel as we drummed them long ago

scrubadub
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 07 06:59

Post by scrubadub » Fri, 7th Dec 2018, 6:59am

Post by scrubadub by scrubadub Dec 2018 07 06:59

EBJ wrote:
Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 6:16pm
Is that the modern future of pub facilities, i wonder what the ladies are like, did you inquire or let sleeping dogs lie ?,i have seen some grotty conveniences in my life time from basic painted feet marks on the floor either side of a hole in the floor and flies by the million to a little old lady handing you one sheet of loo paper as you pay to go in.

Floors awash with blocked outlets and the smells Airwick would go bankrupt trying to develop a smell to hide it and i must admit some have been that bad i have found a dark alley or wooded area than be brave enough to venture in past the WC door.

Glad the food was OK though even if there was no Yorkshire pud to be had. [xmas_shocked.gif]
We went to a modern pub and it took some explaining to hubby that the battered tables and chairs were meant to look like that and probably cost the pub a fortune. He came out the loo unable to go because the urinals were a pair of cupped porcelain ladies hands complete with nail polish, and he just couldn't go. The girls loo's. Been to some cracking toilets at times, clean and smells nice. But local Weatherspoons is vile. Most people walk the 100yds or so to nearest council loos to use theirs rather than venture in...... is this a ploy by Weathers to reduce their water bill????

JohnE875
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 07 08:12

Post by JohnE875 » Fri, 7th Dec 2018, 8:12am

Post by JohnE875 by JohnE875 Dec 2018 07 08:12

I pride myself and team for the cleanliness of our site. I am aware it can be better at times and little things can be missed. It wouldn't pass a Sgt Mjr inspection but on the whole I do have a clean and tidy site.
Some of the local pubs and other public buildings are not a patch and the local hospital (QE Bham) is a sty compared.
Nils Illigitimi Carborundum

Gazza
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 07 08:40

Post by Gazza » Fri, 7th Dec 2018, 8:40am

Post by Gazza by Gazza Dec 2018 07 08:40

Dragonrider wrote:
Thu, 6th Dec 2018, 5:13pm
Just had our office christmas lunch at a local hostelry. Very nice "proper" food, thick slice turkey, sprouts, roast potatoes, cauliflower and a sausage. No yorkshire puddings though, bit of a shame as I live in Yorkshire! Food was great and prices where reasonable I thought.

Had to use the facilities afterwards and could not believe what I saw. Thought about taking a picture but decided against it in the end.

A line of three stainless steel buckets fixed to a slope on the wall. There was a drain in each bucket, but no flush options and being a pub, not the best of aims going from the marks, stains and flaking paintwork behind them.

Don't think I'll be suggesting we go there again even though it was my suggestion this year.
YORKSHIRE PUDS FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER !!! [xmas_shocked.gif]

No way on earth is this allowed in my house. I love a Yorkshire pud with beef on a roast but turkey and chicken is a no no. funnily enough I have had this debate recently as so many people have a Yorkshire pub with their Christmas dinner now and I was shocked. I thought turkey and a couple of stuffing's was the way forward
"Oh, shut up. Every day, yakkety yak, on and on and on! Day in, day out - slime in this ear, slime in that ear! Just stop talking!"

-Eddie Hitler

thecaretaker
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Dec 2018 07 09:10

Post by thecaretaker » Fri, 7th Dec 2018, 9:10am

Post by thecaretaker by thecaretaker Dec 2018 07 09:10

Being a chef in a former life, I was told you can always judge the hygiene standards in a kitchen by the condition of the toilets. [xmas_shocked.gif]
Growing Old is Mandatory - Growing Up Is Optional

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dec 2018 07 10:24

Post by EBJ » Fri, 7th Dec 2018, 10:24am

Post by EBJ by EBJ Dec 2018 07 10:24

thecaretaker wrote:
Fri, 7th Dec 2018, 9:10am
Being a chef in a former life, I was told you can always judge the hygiene standards in a kitchen by the condition of the toilets. [xmas_shocked.gif]
I think that statement should apply every where, bit like the school main entrance that is your first insight into what the school looks like on the inside and if this is clean and tidy the rest probably follows suite. [xmas_grin.gif]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"