Hand Drying

Get hints and tips, discuss about equipment care, tools...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

TylerS
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 10 09:35

Hand Drying

Hi All, unfortunately some of my toilets do not have electricity. So that means I'm spending money well wasting money on paper towels [Cry.png] has anyone got a cost effective way/system for hand drying in their schools? At the moment we have green interfold paper towels and some how 6 classes went through 5 boxes of 4000 in easily 3 weeks. I'm shocked
Any suggestions would be great.
Tyler

Chester
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 10 09:47

Re: Hand Drying

TylerS wrote:
Thu, 10th Jan 2019, 9:35am
Hi All, unfortunately some of my toilets do not have electricity. So that means I'm spending money well wasting money on paper towels [Cry.png] has anyone got a cost effective way/system for hand drying in their schools? At the moment we have green interfold paper towels and some how 6 classes went through 5 boxes of 4000 in easily 3 weeks. I'm shocked
Tyler
We've just had hand driers fitted in all our KS2 toilets on contract from PHS .....very cheap to run and they will even put an electrical spur in for you if needed , I got my electrician to put the spurs in as he was doing other work for me at the time , but is really cheap and easy to do.....all leased on a 5 year contract and if you have any problems they just come out and switch the units over......
just checked our contracts and 4 hand driers works out at £85.00 per year each.

TylerS
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 10 10:07

Chester wrote:
Thu, 10th Jan 2019, 9:47am
TylerS wrote:
Thu, 10th Jan 2019, 9:35am
Tyler
We've just had hand driers fitted in all our KS2 toilets on contract from PHS .....very cheap to run and they will even put an electrical spur in for you if needed , I got my electrician to put the spurs in as he was doing other work for me at the time , but is really cheap and easy to do.....all leased on a 5 year contract and if you have any problems they just come out and switch the units over......
just checked our contracts and 4 hand driers works out at £85.00 per year each.
Thanks, didn't know that was such a thing! ill have a look into that! thats very cheap id say!

Lucastone1
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 10 10:27

Getting rid of paper towels in toilets is a no brainer in todays times. We've had our dryers for 2 years now and the difference in usage not to mention the mess is amazing. [Like.png]

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 10 11:13

My old school being a SEN school we had to have both paper towels and electric hand driers as some pupils were afraid of the noise electric hand dryers made. [Scared.png]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

Chester
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 10 11:58

EBJ wrote:
Thu, 10th Jan 2019, 11:13am
My old school being a SEN school we had to have both paper towels and electric hand driers as some pupils were afraid of the noise electric hand dryers made. [Scared.png]
We had a similair issue with a handful of our children , so opted for PHS "whisper Model" lot less noisy than some and we got the children that had an issue with the noise to help us choose so they had input into the decision and it eased the transition from paper towels to hand driers for them.

TylerS
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 08:25

Thanks for your comments everyone! Ill be looking into getting hand dryers! Many thanks, have a good weekend.

Stiggy
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 19 22:50

We have the cloth towel rolls, only issue I have with them is when the cloth twists and jams in the feeder but that doesn't happen often enough to be an issue. The used rolls get exchanged every Tuesday morning, one roll lasts a few days at least