Anti Finger Trap Doors

Get hints and tips, discuss about equipment care, tools...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

TylerS
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 08:28

Anti Finger Trap Doors

Hi wondering if anyone has an idea how to adjust the fitment of an anti finger trap door.
Not a door with a finger guard, the exterior aluminum doors on a big cylindrical hinge.
It need lifting slightly, is this possible?
Thanks Tyler

Eddy
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 08:35

Re: Anti Finger Trap Doors

Without knowing the exact type, advice is difficult.

However,
Usually, on the top of the door (hinged side) there will be a bracket that may have slipped. There may also be an adjustment bolt for finer tweaking.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.----------------------------------------
You reap what you sow!

timmydog
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 08:39

usally underneath there is an adjustable bearing but you will have to take door off good luck

Rockstar
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 10:16

timmydog wrote:
Fri, 11th Jan 2019, 8:39am
usally underneath there is an adjustable bearing but you will have to take door off good luck
Yes I agree with Timmydog. The adjustment is under the bottom of the door. I have seen it done, but never done it myself. We have a guy from Manchester who comes and he makes it look relatively simple. But he has these doors on and off all day. He is very good at his job and not expensive at all if anyone needs him. He is a locksmith and has key cutting in his van as well as doing door springs etc. So anyone near Manchester, I can highly recommend Ian, Ashton Lock and Spring. His number is 07814 086997. Hope this is OK with CT for me to pass this info on!

frankie
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 10:45

Mine have adjuster in top of door frame closer itself is in frame all you need is two allan keys and small spanner. bottom is normally just a pivot.Just loosen top bolt and adjust back or forward wit end bolt.