Solar Panels

Work issues, H&S, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Jackofall
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 12:55

Solar Panels

Hi All
I am looking for some recommendations.
We have recently had a visit from our insurance provider and they have stated we must have a maintenance schedule in place for our PV System.
This should include solar panel cleaning, inverter and fan checks etc.
Do any of you have solar panels if so do you have them serviced and by who?
Thanks in advance for any comments.
"why put off today what you can put off tomorrow"

seanallen
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 17:15

Re: Solar Panels

I've got 200 panels on the roof. I have the electrics checked annually on a service contract. As for cleaning the panels, I'd consider it if the production started to drop but not otherwise.
Due to the present financial situation, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily switched off.

Jack-the-Bug
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 17:53

We have ours checked annually for electrical safety, cleaning is only needed if you think you are loosing generation potential.
If you need a contractor I am located in South London area and can recommend someone if you are in same area.

Jackofall
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 14 12:08

Thanks guys
I have spoken to a few companies about servicing. Does anyone know the going rate for PV System servicing (112 panels)?
Thanks
"why put off today what you can put off tomorrow"

Skoolkeeper
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 14 12:15

Only ever had ours checked out once in 5 years because there was a problem with readings? when I spoke to the contractors/l.e.a about having the panels cleaned and system serviced they said it was not necessary? our panels are green and as said system never been serviced, let us know how you get on, interested, [Like.png]

chimmy1974
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 14 12:49

hi, as above post, we were told by the company who installed that servicing was not necessary. Personally I think they should be checked, but my BM is going with what they have recommended as its less payout!

onthego
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 14 15:29

We have 75 panels on the roof. According to the O&M's they need a yearly wash. But no can do... Need to climb over a roof ridge, no man safe, cannot get ladder near due walkway canopy, restricted access to cherry pickers due to narrow gateways and to top it all off ground floor surface is a soft wet pour. Like to meet the planner behind that one.
They got the degree's. You've got the common sense