birthday boy

From tummy bugs to pandemics, general health issues...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

seanallen
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 17:33

birthday boy

Had a big birthday last Sunday. I'm a bit over weight, like the odd cigar and don't get enough exercise apart from running round like a loony at work. So I'm quite happy with my lot, until I got an invitation for bowl cancer screening through the post 5 days into my 60th year. They obviously know something I don't, so I'll say goodbye to you all now as I going to snuff it some time soon and I may not get the chance to wish you all farewell!
Due to the present financial situation, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily switched off.

welshhunk
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 18:22

Re: birthday boy

Well if you’re going to go, have another cigar and a large dram [Angel.png]
wake me up before you gogo.

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 18:42

Yes. It is quite disconcerting to get that bowel cancer kit through the post. Though it apparently saves a lot of lives.

inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Jan 2019 11 19:18

I'v been doing them for 14 years now, bit of an experience but worth the effort,

Keyolder
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 11 20:05

As soon as you reach 60 you show up on their radar, the test is every two years I've had two.

Not nice this end but imagine the poor lab technician opening the envelope and rooting through its contents... [Shock.png]
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think you’re a looney [Crazy.png]

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jan 2019 12 11:33

Yes i do them and so far touch wood the tests have been OK, i recently found a small lump in one of my testcals (Men should check themsleves on a regular basis) and went to the doctors and also had the scans a bit like pregnant women have you know the ultra sound, anyway tests came back negative so all OK do not be afraid just because you are a man of having any type of tests done it may just save your life. [Wink.png]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

thecaretaker
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Jan 2019 12 12:17

Yes, I too get the little package through the door. Cling Film comes in handy [Big grin.png]

Hope nobody is eating their lunch!
Growing Old is Mandatory - Growing Up Is Optional