The Evolution Of Education

Make a Caretaker smile today. Funny jokes, cartoons...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Forum rules
Please read our FORUM RULES AND TERMS & CONDITIONS before posting.

Please keep content suitable for all ages. However, please be aware that some content may still offend.
GARRY E
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 11 09:46

The Evolution Of Education

51692473_394065428045774_6578851151041527808_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.

"Do you have to use a pencil please Miss Worswick"(Mike Harding)

Skoolkeeper
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 11 10:36

Re: The Evolution Of Education

Good one, could not have put it better myself, oh yes they do like photo copy, colour, cut it out and stick it in your work book and by the way don't worry about the waste of paper (trees) and the mess you leave as the cleaner will clean the glue of the table and will pick it up your paper cuttings of the floor and that's the d.h.t eco warrior! [Shock.png]

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 11 11:24

And then learn how to spell "COLOUR"

Golfer72
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 11 14:26

Ha Ha.......That's made me chuckle. Very true though [Like.png]
[Like.png]

Jubbs
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 11 14:42

interestingly, Robert Halfon, chairman of the Education Select Committee, is suggesting that we scrap GCSE's completely..... "" Get rid of GCSEs, which seem to me pointless. Instead there should be some kind of assessment to show how far you're progressing "" and "" wants to end what he sees as an excessively narrow academic pathway in secondary schools ""

I agree with him, GCSE's are a throwback to a decades old attitude to "marking" a pupil's progress and therefore their aptitude.

I have long thought that it is wrong to assume every child will gain the right kind of knowledge by a predetermined age and therefore be of the right stuff for employment and anyone not up to that standard will be assumed stupid. Most kids develop academically in different ways and capacities and the pressure to "perform" at the exams is extreme in many cases.

Far better to allow a kid to develop at their own pace and take exams based on assessments and progress reports. Less pressure and more time to mature into a "clever" student, if that is what is needed when an employer asks to see a prospective employee's credentials. In todays world, our education no longer reflects the adaptive technology skills our kids need to compete and how they acquire them to be competitive, the rest of the world has changed, has adapted and are increasingly more competitive.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower

trout39843
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 11 14:51

Drone wrote:
Mon, 11th Feb 2019, 11:24am
And then learn how to spell "COLOUR"
There you go again, putting a random "U" in the word [Shock.png] [JawDropped.png] [Big grin.png]
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus, Mortiti.