ofsted arriving today

Work issues, H&S, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Stv166
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 12 06:25

ofsted arriving today

Had the call from the ht last night that the big o are in today ! 1 inspector for a 1 day visit - so not too bad , at least all of my paperwork is up to date and as a governor here too i get to sit in in the outcome meeting at the end of the day. I know the are here mainly for the ht and co's but still hate hearing their name [Scared.png]

Danboy1
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 12 07:11

Re: ofsted arriving today

Good luck buddy , we had one a couple of months ago ,it didn't make good reading , gone into special maesures now , waiting for a church academy to take us on
Its better to have than not need, than need and not have

Jubbs
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 12 07:38

We had an inspection in January, and in all honesty, it was if I didnt even exist. Came nowhere near the office and no mention of me or my cleaners, maintenance or services was included in the report.

Maybe its a blessing in disguise ?

Maybe there was nothing to notice me as my team are so good at our job....lol!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower

NEITTech
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 12 08:19

Jubbs wrote:
Tue, 12th Feb 2019, 7:38am
We had an inspection in January, and in all honesty, it was if I didnt even exist. Came nowhere near the office and no mention of me or my cleaners, maintenance or services was included in the report.

That's the way I see it. Ofsted inspect safeguarding and teaching & learning. Because our roles only support these functions, they don't bother with us. It's the default position, and therefore not a bad thing. However, if something we were doing, or not doing, negatively impacted these two functions, Ofsted would definitely take an interest.

Danboy1
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 12 08:44

NEITTech wrote:
Tue, 12th Feb 2019, 8:19am
Jubbs wrote:
Tue, 12th Feb 2019, 7:38am

That's the way I see it. Ofsted inspect safeguarding and teaching & learning. Because our roles only support these functions, they don't bother with us. It's the default position, and therefore not a bad thing. However, if something we were doing, or not doing, negatively impacted these two functions, Ofsted would definitely take an interest.
Totally agree , when had ours , they ignored the site team
Its better to have than not need, than need and not have

Kirma
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 12 12:25

Went in to special measures after their visit a couple of years back, it was disastrous for us. Parents spoke with their feet, lost hundreds of kids over last couple of years, barely a couple of hundred kids now. Came out out special measures some months ago, waiting for the call for the next visit, good rating on the cards. But below the surface morale is low staff harassed by head on a regular basis, mature staff hounded out and replaced with cheap new teachers. SLT regularly off sick, rarely see them in school before 9:30. Ofsted should just turn up, no warning, they’ll find great, hardworking teachers, but have a great chance of catching out slack SLT. Been an academy for over a year, utterly worthless! Good luck!

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 12 13:35

Headless chicken time again. [Happy.png]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

Jubbs
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 12 13:59

Kirma wrote:
Tue, 12th Feb 2019, 12:25pm
Went in to special measures after their visit a couple of years back, it was disastrous for us. Parents spoke with their feet, lost hundreds of kids over last couple of years, barely a couple of hundred kids now. Came out out special measures some months ago, waiting for the call for the next visit, good rating on the cards. But below the surface morale is low staff harassed by head on a regular basis, mature staff hounded out and replaced with cheap new teachers. SLT regularly off sick, rarely see them in school before 9:30. Ofsted should just turn up, no warning, they’ll find great, hardworking teachers, but have a great chance of catching out slack SLT. Been an academy for over a year, utterly worthless! Good luck!
Primary suspect is HT. They have to boost morale and confidence and start from there, no good running around blaming and castigating, that'll get the reverse affect from what the school needs, an injection of good team spirit and attitude.

Not rocket science is it.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower

Stv166
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 12 15:28

inspectors still on site , was summonsed earlier as she wanted to check my fire drill logs and see my break glass testing logs too , will be sitting in on the feed back meeting shortly but it all seems to be going well ( at least my part did anyway [Success.png] )

seanallen
Forum Member
Forum Member
Feb 2019 12 16:09

The way I think of it is. Would you get the credit if all goes well, so why take the blame if it's a disaster? [Confused.png]
Due to the present financial situation, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily switched off.