children drop off traffic problem

Work issues, H&S, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Lucastone1
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 09:57

Re: children drop off traffic problem

Can i suggest that you Google Yellow Zig Zag lines. To my surprise there are FOUR different versions that carry different enforcements, penalties etc. Check what is outside your school. Of course it's bad form to park on zigzags but you might get a mouth saying he can please himself. Don't forget you are not paid to be abused.

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 10:39

Parents parking is a waste of time for every one concerned trying to stop it, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, they will continue doing it even if some one else's child dies because of it, some of them cannot even be bothered to get dressed and come in pJ's and house coats and drive in their slip on slippers and with a cuppa.

Stay well away and confine your duties to the inside car park and pedestrian area's, this problem will still be ongoing when my grandchildren have kids and go to school. [Scared.png]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

Jubbs
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 12:38

You could always stand on school grounds and take photos of number plates then name and shame them in the School newsletter.

But you're on a hiding to nothing, most people that do this are uncaring, selfish and ignorant, you aint going to change them.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower

seanallen
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 15:13

Pick your fights, you're not gonna win that one!
Due to the present financial situation, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily switched off.

muppet
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 16:00

Thank you all for your replies, having had one morning with a camera as suggested by my local 101 police conversation, This has now resulted in a reported police incident as i was verbally abused and called a pedophile ! Lesson learnt ,so when there,s an accident i can be confident i did what i could .

Keyolder
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 16:05

I stand by the gate mornings and at home time but purely for the safety of the children, I've pulled young children out of the way several times over the years...
[Shock.png]

However I don't get involved in the zigzag parking debates.
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think you’re a looney [Crazy.png]

muppet
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 16:18

Maybe one day the parents will realise we do it for their children's safety, ive been to one pupils traffic related funeral and that stays with you.

Jomell
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 16:25

Same here, morning and afternoon patrols. Many parents see me coming and decide to drive off. It's a really difficult job to ask drivers to move off Zig Zags and double yellow lines. I get the local PCSO involved and on the rare occasion get the traffic warden to come and take a look.

Things are not helped when you get Blue Badge holders thinking that they are above the law.
I think it would have been great for pre-training, ahead of the tours in Northern Ireland [Big grin.png]

muppet
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 17:32

I let blue badge holders in to save the inevitable --- censored word --- being hurled, they dont so much see me coming and move off more like ,i'm in their sight, direct line of fire [Scared.png]

inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mar 2019 15 12:38

By way of my working life, and living right by a school, I have been watching parking outside schools for 50 years, so can't see it being resolved any day soon, it's better than watching road wars on tv watching the way parents park an 'drive' they park ON the raised crossing outside the school, park ACROSS the junction, the gate to the school car park is opened at 3:00, cars start to park outside it from 2:20 and form a queue down the centre of the road, (teachers park down each side of the road) I often spend 10 minutes or so just looking out the kitchen window, quit entertaining really, looking at just how stupid and selfish parents are.