Compliance recording

The board to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Hedgehog
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 07:54

Compliance recording

We have 4 sites across our school 'portfolio', a primary, secondary, nursery and separate playing fields with pavilion buildings. The sites are all located away from each other around a mile distance between them.

Currently I am responsible for compliance checks at the primary and field and we have another site manager responsible for compliance checks at the secondary and nursery.

The problem has been on the recording side and trying to collate all the information especially when inspections are due. We tried using Every but found it too time consuming and it ended up getting forgotten about even though the checks had been carried out. So at the moment we have the checks on spreadsheets, word documents and paper sheets which can be messy when trying to make sure everything has been done and then collating it all.

Anyone have any system they use other than Every or is it going to be the same scenario. My one thought is that it might be easier if one person did all the compliance checks and kept a central record but then this in itself could create it's own 'getting time to do the checks and records' issue!

OXSET
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 10:33

Re: Compliance recording

Hi Hedgehog, I work across multiple schools and I have found it easier to simply collate what I have for each site and store it centrally in that school (sharepoint, google docs or whatever system they use) it's easier to then download each lot onto a hard drive or whatever then view it wherever.

chrismccol
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 17:16

Re: Compliance recording

Our MAT has just bought into the iAM compliant software, its easy to use, will work across the academy and will with multiple users and level access. You can add other non compliance work, such as routine gutter clearing, or bin emptying. You can add scanned documents to it, so you can have a paper trail for those things like ladder checks and water temp checks. All for around £300 I think our estates manager said. But we are on a 3 month trial to test it out, and from what I hear we are going to stick with it.
I'm a caretaker. I solve problems you don't know you have in many ways you can't understand. [JawDropped.png]