State pension

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 10:54

State pension

Received a letter from the pension people today outlining my future state pension and i will receive £24.64 extra per month, now the problem is what do i spend it on, holiday, new car, or a month or two's toilet rolls. [Wink.png]

Thank you British Government you are too kind. [Waving.png]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

Skoolkeeper
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 11:01

Re: State pension

well its just under £300 per year, as they say every little helps, its a lot better than the pay rise I got last year, still see what my 50p a hour pay increase starting from April does for me, good luck and spend it wisely [Neutral.png]

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 12:13

No need to thank the government. You have paid in for it all your working life. Too many old people see a pension or any benefits as a handout rather than a basic human right. My dear old neighbour tells me that she feels guilty about getting necessary & medically advisable adjustments made to her council house. She felt apologetic about applying for a bus pass, although she would be practically a prisoner on our estate without it. My message to claimants is that you should not be reticent about applying for whatever is available. If there is any doubt about your eligibility, you will not get it. Be sure of that. Enjoy whatever is going EBJ. you have earned it - particularly so in the service of your country.

seanallen
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 15:24

Well said Drone. It's not the governments money it ours!
Due to the present financial situation, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily switched off.

Keyolder
Forum Member
Forum Member
Mar 2019 14 15:32

Yes you've earned it EBJ ex Military ex Police ex Caretaker all demanding occupations plus you continued working well into your seventies [JawDropped.png]
Mind you, you did better than me I will only get £12 something rise per month [Disappointment.png]
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think you’re a looney [Crazy.png]