House search over.

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider, jay

JohnE875
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 13 18:38

House search over.

Well folks it has been a while but wanted you all to know I have now been offered accommodation at last.
It has taken 3 and a half months to get myself of persistent phoning, emails etc. Still need to be approved by the Bham council who keep rejecting my application or some reason or another. Each time you re-apply can take up to 56 days for their approval.
As I was given a letter say I was to be evicted on retirement I was referred to the homeless team, that took nearly 5 months to get myself into the bidding stage.
New accommodation is released at midnight on a Tuesday/ Wednesday morning when all the houses/flats you are entitled to bid for are released. These do not take into the area you want but are West Midlands wide and can be upto 40 miles from where we want to live.
The good news is a bungalow in the right area and where we want to live became available. I was 37th on the list so thought we would have no chance, we were however invited to an interview which we passed and was offered the place. We get to view it on the 29th of this month and hopefully will receive the keys not to long after.
The process has now taken just over 6 months with many disappointments and lots of pushing myself forward and getting on people’s nerves which has eventually paid off.

My advice to all you residential people out there is to get in touch with your LA soonest and start the process as soon as possible. Better still if at all achievable is get your own place and look at renting if need be.
You will get rehoused but is a very stressful time and you need to work hard to get somewhere.

Good luck to you all in your futures.

PS, I was dreading my retirement but am loving it, busy still with house packing and soon to be decorating but it is great. Wii stay in touch once I am settled for good.
Nils Illigitimi Carborundum

Keyolder
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 13 19:06

Re: House search over.

Sounds good John congratulations, hope it all goes to plan and the move goes smoothly [Like.png]
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think you’re a looney [Crazy.png]

welshhunk
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 13 19:32

So pleased for you John [Cool.png] . Enjoy your well deserved retirement. Please don’t be a stranger to this great site. Your experience will be so valuable to us all.
Take care.
wake me up before you gogo.

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 13 20:08

This is a major worry for residential staff. Glad that things have finally worked out for you & that you can look forward to a long & stress free retirement.

beagle
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 15 12:32

Glad to hear that things are getting sorted. You can get on and enjoy your new life now. [Like.png]
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 15 15:09

Great news m8 and welcome to us old retired codgers, i hated retirement at first but would not change it for the world. [Like.png]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"