April Aah!!

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with our members...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 15 19:55

April Aah!!

I have just about had enough of this month as it has been problems from the start, first the cars power steering goes wrong, then the tax man has sent a letter saying i owe £137.04p and they want it paid before May 1st and tonight the boiler heating pump has packed up and cannot get it fixed until Thursday at the earliest.

We have only just come back from the static caravan where out electric is in with our ground rent so as much electric as i want and had all 3 electric fires on, my engineer is a good guy but needs to order the part and it will be Thursday at the earliest, got a look a like electric wood burner in the front room but that is about it so it's round to mum's in the morning to borrow the spare one's she has.

I am hating April and god knows how much i will be paying out by the end of it, i also have my eldest daughter and her partner visiting from Northern Ireland over Easter so eating out etc is down to us as our treat. [Crazy.png]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"

thecaretaker
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Apr 2019 15 20:18

Re: April Aah!!

Well, look on the positive side, things can only get better, can't they? Soon be May [Scared.png]
Growing Old is Mandatory - Growing Up Is Optional

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 16 00:45

Like London buses, these things turn up in threes.

Keyolder
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 16 08:01

I've had a similar April, also had a letter from the taxman saying I owe them £432 not sure how? They've lowered my tax code to get the money back...

May, may be better hopefully.
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think you’re a looney [Crazy.png]

Adoniss
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 16 09:04

Heating pump ? surely youve got until October to get that fixed. My heating went off on April 1st wont let her in doors switch it on till October

Drone
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 16 09:30

Too flippin` cold down here to shut the heating off yet. Wondering when spring is going to kick in.

EBJ
Forum Member
Forum Member
Apr 2019 16 10:30

Adoniss wrote:
Tue, Jth Apr 2019, 9:04am
Heating pump ? surely youve got until October to get that fixed. My heating went off on April 1st wont let her in doors switch it on till October
I say heating pump as that it is a loose term, it also heats the hot water, lucky i can switch to the electric to heat the water tank, been on the web and new pump is from around £50 to £80 and then there is the labour etc so i hope the bill will not be too high. [Like.png] [Like.png]
"SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI"