✂️ Haircut

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 27 15:33

✂️ Haircut

I finally can have my hair cut now instead of me hacking away at it, our home hairdressing lady phoned today to give us an appointment of the 13th July @ 2.45 and she will have full PPE on and we have to wear a face mask that hooks behind the ears, she also has done a risk assessment we have to read and sign on the day. It would appear she has gone to great lengths on the governments recommendations and each pair of scissors will be put in a sealed bag afterwards and the next client gets a sanitised new pair.

She will use sanitizer at the front door and we are to let her in and then retreat to the living room and she will go straight into the kitchen where we normaly have our hair cut, wife first and i stay in front room, then me and the wife goes to the front room, payment is by card machine or if it is cash the exact amount put in an envelope she supplies and she does not open it for three days as a precaution and the usual sit down afterwards with a cuppa and a chat is a no, no.

Have you thought about your hair cut yet and how are you going about getting it done or do you have a member of your house hold that is great at cutting hair. -Success.png-

fa-quote-left SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI fa-quote-right

Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jun 2020 27 15:55

Re: ✂️ Haircut

Just run the electric shaver over the solar power dome once in a while, job done! -Scared.png-
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.

Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 27 16:41

Yes Indeed. I have not been to a barber in 10 years. My weekly shave includes my head. I recall a little girl in the Reception class stopping me in the corridor & saying "Mr Drone, my daddy has got no hair, like you"

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jun 2020 27 17:23

My son has been doing my hair during lockdown. You know what, I think he can keep on doing it. -Big grin.png-

Saves a few 💷 's
fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
("Truth Without Fear")

scrubadub
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 27 21:54

Hair dresser phoned me before she spoke ( phone told me who was phoning) I said yes I can. She said you don't know when. Will be Sunday the 5th at 6 in morning, colour and cut. I was due to go the Saturday after lock down so it will be 20 weeks since last visit. I'm desperate. Hope you fellas have been nice to your wives? And not said ' blimey love your hairs a mess' like mine did!!! -Scared.png-

Hedgehog
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 27 23:10

I gave mine a buzz cut with the dog clippers. I actually prefer it. Do think i will be needing the barbers again -Big grin.png-

greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 28 10:49

I've used electric clippers for 20 years. Saved hundreds

Hey Wayne
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 29 10:36

Wife's done mine twice now with the dog grooming clippers with my mate who is a barber on facetime giving guidance.

Wasn't too bad really I just got nervous with the scissors near my ears... -JawDropped.png-
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-

magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 29 17:36

Had mine cut very short for years but always at the barbers. Since Lock down I have bought my own clippers and have been doing it myself so I doubt that I will be going back to the barbers again. I offered to do the Wife's hair but seeing as I am only proficient in almost bald she strangely turned down my offer of help -Big grin.png-
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.