🔔 Caretaker, The Wells Free School - (Closing date: 27th July 2020)

Post your job vacancies here or find the latest Caretaker jobs in your area...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Forum rules
If you have a job vacancy that you would like to post on this forum, you need to register and Log-In using your chosen username and password.

• When posting a job vacancy, please add the closing date in brackets to the end of the title of your topic. E.G. (Closing date: 1st October 2020).
  • You may upload any documentation with your post as an attachment/s up to a maximum of 2mb for each file.
  • If this is the first time you have posted a job vacancy on our forum, please allow up to 24 hours for our moderators to validate your vacancy.
  • Individuals, employers and recruitment agencies are welcome to post jobs on this forum as long as applicants can apply for positions free of charge.
  • You are reminded that any information posted on this forum will become 'Publicly Available' and you should read and understand our GDPR Privacy Policy before posting.
  • You must also comply with our forum Terms and Conditions. You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any job listing at any time.
  • Individual forum members should ensure that they have the authority and/or permission from their school prior to posting job vacancies on this forum.
  • Instructions on how to post a message on this forum can be found HERE. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask us in the Feedback forum.

Please be aware that this is an open forum and registered members may comment or ask questions about the positions you post. Guests cannot respond or ask questions about vacancies, but guests can view the job vacancy advert and any comments & questions. You are welcome to answer any questions registered members may ask (if you wish to do so).

We look forward to seeing your job vacancy on our forum.
operations
Jun 2020 29 16:26

🔔 Caretaker, The Wells Free School - (Closing date: 27th July 2020)

The Wells Free School are looking for a new Caretaker

The school is looking to recruit a flexible and hard-working Caretaker. Applicants will live within easy reach of the school, be available to unlock the school from 07.00 Monday to Friday, and ideally have access to their own tools.

Previous experience as a School Caretaker is desirable but not essential; candidates without this experience should instead be proficient with general maintenance jobs.

The core responsibilities of a Caretaker are:
  • Opening up the building in the morning
  • Ensuring the school site is safe, accessible and fully operational
  • Act as the main designated key holder to provide out of hours and emergency access to the school site as and when required (including call-outs for the fire or burglar alarm)
  • Keeping the school site clear of litter and emptying external bins
  • Carrying out minor repair work, basic plumbing and decorating
  • Assist the Operations Manager in carrying out regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings
A DBS check will be required with this role and the candidate will need to be prepared to undergo one prior to starting the position.

Job Type: Part-time- minimum 5 hours per week with negotiated overtime. Permanent position.
Starting Salary: ÂŁ17,365 (pro-rata to 5 hours per week)
Starting date: September 2020 (or as soon as possible afterwards)
https://www.thewellsfreeschool.co.uk/Pa ... Vacancies/
Application_form-support_staff-new_version.doc
Application_form-support_staff-new_version.pdf
Website_advert.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 29 19:07

Re: 🔔 Caretaker, The Wells Free School - (Closing date: 27th July 2020)

Says access to own tools, no you want a job done you supply the tools to do it, you do not ask teaching staff to supply materials so why should the caretaker have to. -Disappointment.png-

fa-quote-left SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI fa-quote-right

Skoolkeeper
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 29 20:29

5 hours a week minimum and use of your own tools, what’s caretaking coming to!!!! These job adverts take the urine!!!

Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 30 09:54

5 hours a week?! Where is the time for using your own tools and doing these maintenance jobs? By the time you have opened up in the morning, emptied the bins and got your tools out to start anything it will be time to pack up and go. Plus I wouldn't want to be the primary alarm callout person for somewhere only paying me ÂŁ40 odd quid a week!

Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 30 10:24

Skoolkeeper wrote: ↑
Mon, 29th Jun 2020, 8:29pm
5 hours a week minimum and use of your own tools, what’s caretaking coming to!!!! These job adverts take the urine!!!
5 hours per week with negotiated overtime... I suspect its only when they need you to come in or extend your hours.

Seems like they want it all, reminds me of the Queen song:
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it… -Crazy.png-

Skoolkeeper
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 30 16:22

Keyolder wrote: ↑
Tue, 30th Jun 2020, 10:24am
5 hours per week with negotiated overtime... I suspect its only when they need you to come in or extend your hours.

Seems like they want it all, reminds me of the Queen song:
Good old support staff suffer again!!!
But love the video -Like.png-

Skoolkeeper
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 30 16:54

I would like to know what salary Georgina Waghorn the Operations Manager is on!!!! Still you could also apply for the mid day supervisor job, at least that’s 2 hours a day and probably at the same hourly rate! Support for support workers.

Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jun 2020 30 20:06

I might print this job ad off, laminate and stick on my office wall... Just to remind me on a bad day that YES, things COULD be worse.
Nice little pick me up I reckon -Like.png-

twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 01 08:05

Might apply!!! It's only about 1 1/2 hours from me, so nice early start to get there, then about an hour into the job, I will notice a screw slightly loose- 1 1/2 hours drive home to get my "special" poundland screw driver, 1 1/2 hours drive back- dam, it was a flat head not phillips- drive back home...............
0r... simply the operations manager doesn't want to get up early and has a solution- coronavirus has caused mass unemployment and believes skilled people will take anything to get their foot in the door.
Expect more adverts like this

Kirma
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 01 09:43

Adverts like this shouldn’t be accepted, promoting exploitation in unacceptable!

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2020 01 18:34

Kirma wrote: ↑
Yesterday, 9:43am
Adverts like this shouldn’t be accepted, promoting exploitation in unacceptable!
We don't vet jobs, we are not a recruitment agency. It is up to individuals to make their own minds up if a position meets their requirements or not.

We permit schools to advertise vacancies free of charge to provide a service to our visitors and members.

If you feel unhappy about a vacancy posting that might otherwise interest you, you should discuss it with the school or agency that posted it, not us. It maybe that the position is more suited to a retired person or it maybe a misprint in the advert. We are not to know.
fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
("Truth Without Fear")

Skoolkeeper
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 01 20:23

thecaretaker wrote: ↑
Yesterday, 6:34pm
We don't vet jobs, we are not a recruitment agency. It is up to individuals to make their own minds up if a position meets their requirements or not.

We permit schools to advertise vacancies free of charge to provide a service to our visitors and members.

If you feel unhappy about a vacancy posting that might otherwise interest you, you should discuss it with the school or agency that posted it, not us. It maybe that the position is more suited to a retired person or it maybe a misprint in the advert. We are not to know.
It’s always good to look and have no problem with really any thing that is posted, each to their own, and as some have said, they should feel very lucky, also I like a laugh and just wonder who would apply for a job like this, can’t wait to see a zero hour contract, only time will tell, as said such a position might suit a elderly retired person, but not a young buck trying to become a site manager these days. I remember that post well?