🎌 Barrier system

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: jay, inspector, Dragonrider, thecaretaker

Rath3rBfishing
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 06 18:21

🎌 Barrier system

Looking to improve on our bit of rope tied the fence and the odd traffic cone.

I've been looking getting something similar to the attached and wondered if anyone had thoughts or recommendations, ideally it needs to span up to 40 metres so something that can be added to and something that doesn't tend to fall over in the wind, I thought the low profile of these would help and being able to fill the base with water or sand.

Any help would be great thanks

Screenshot_20200706-181310_Amazon Shopping.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hey Wayne
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 07 08:00

Re: 🎌 Barrier system

Good news is they work and don't fall over in the wind.
Bad news is they are not too robust so kids swinging on the chains can break either the fittings where the rope attaches or the sections on the uprights (they are like tubes that stack on top of each other).

We have them here and they are ok but a bit fragile and you need quite a few to span any distance as the weight of the chain pulls them over if they are too far apart.

Hope that helps
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Gigantor
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 13 11:41

When helping to organise large events with the scouts we use ped barriers, simple interlocking fence that is lightweight and stack-able. Never had any issue with them falling over or children tipping them over.

You can also get banner/signs personalised to fit over should you wish.

https://safefence.co.uk/crowd-control-barriers-645.html

"Could you just...?" "When you get a chance... No rush.(But what I actually mean is right now)"
ric70
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 13 11:46

I have just ordered some plastic barriers

https://safefence.co.uk/plastic-crowd-c ... rrier.html

to make walkways ready for a one way system in september
jholden
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 13 12:27

ric70 wrote: ↑Mon, 13th Jul 2020, 11:46am I have just ordered some plastic barriers

https://safefence.co.uk/plastic-crowd-c ... rrier.html

to make walkways ready for a one way system in september
Make sure you weigh them down with sandbags. We have a couple of these and they blow down very easily, even when linked together. We were left a number of the metal type a few years ago which are much better, it takes a lot to blow those ones down!